Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exhaust baffles

Transtech

@Transtech:  Do a search on this forum, several members here have made their own exhaust systems so you will have a few examples to compare.  You can buy a variety of materials to make a replacement pipe - rubber, stainless, fiberglass tubes are all available, PVC will actually also work since there is enough water running through the system to keep them cool enough.

• 2 weeks later...

@Woodski    So i heard back from the mechanic and he said i need a engine after the tear down of the heads . one head is cracked and 3 pistons are rusted out and the cylinder walls are all pitted. I can get a engine from jasper for $2500.00 and $1900.00 for the install. The mechanic want to sell me a vortec rebuilt motor with a cam and it gets about 380hp. whats is your take on the vortec motor and have you heard that swap.

9 minutes ago, REHinH20 said:

Is the jasper engine a marine engine?

Can't speak for OP, but when I had mine replaced, The dealer used Jasper and it is Marine with a 2 year warranty

Edited by kerpluxal