Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response Hull

Evans511

8 hours ago, Evans511 said:

Anone know what the last year of the Response Hull was? The same one Malibu made for the barefooter?

1995-1997 was the SV23

1998-up is the SV23 Diamond and was available to order up until last year even though it isn't in the catalogs. May still be available for order but I thought it was mentioned to finally be dropped. Very popular for smaller tournament lakes/clubs and ski shows.

In 2000 they changed from the SV23 hull to the SV23 Diamond Hull. Still available in Australia as an Lxr. Mine arrives in June :)

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
11 hours ago, jk13 said:

1995-1997 was the SV23

1998-up is the SV23 Diamond and was available to order up until last year even though it isn't in the catalogs. May still be available for order but I thought it was mentioned to finally be dropped. Very popular for smaller tournament lakes/clubs and ski shows.

The Response LX open and closed bow was available until 2015, then I believe the LXR was available for 2016. Once the new TXi was released for 2017 the open/closed bow of that is the only option in the US.

Been a few. 

Pre-98 response was SV23 hull

98-16 Response/LX/LXr was SV23 Diamond

03-06 Response LXi was SV23 Diamond

07-11 Response LXi was cut diamond

12-current TXi is T cut diamond 

@Evans511:  Barefooter got the same hull, it did  get a slightly taller pylon, not sure exactly what years that was.  Barefooter also had some optional rear facing observer seats (behind driver and were simply drop in / easy to remove) and also a speedo option in the doghouse IIRC.  The resource section here should have the details, you can peruse the owners / sales brochures & manuals.