Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lost control of all electrical components '10 23 LSV

Hi, I haven't found this problem in the forums yet. My 2010 23 LSV sat for a few months, then I replaced a battery, and now all the electrically controlled components won't function - ballast pumps, lights, blower, etc. I took the boat out for about 3 hrs and right at the end, everything came back all at once. Then it sat for 3 weeks, and I'm back to disfunctionality. I have the Medallion Viper with MaliView (things don't work from the screen either). All the fuses and breakers are ok, I don't see any loose connections or corrosion. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? Is there any kind of reset one can do? Thanks!

On my ‘10 there are only 5 “factory wires” that attach to the batteries. B+ x2, B- x2 and the single red bilge + wire. I do have the 4 position rotary battery switch as well. If all of those are hooked up correctly and with you saying it sat for a few months was there any water in the boat or bilge? An instant on or off condition sounds like a loose wire. The dash needs a solid 12v or you will start to lose functions on some items. Most noticeably my MUX switches were the first to go out. I would start back at the batteries and retrace you activities in there first. 

If you have a test light or a voltage meter I would check the voltage coming out of the battery switch to see if that is bad.  From there you could check voltage going into the Viper module.  Hopefully a loose wire or the switch.

Cool, thanks, I'll try that out tomorrow. 

EDIT (solution?): The power (12.5v) was getting to the power panel. The battery cables routed through the circuit breaker panel beneath the throttle, then up to the power panel (with the row of fuses). All the connections were tight. 

I disconnected each big plug running into the blue Medallion Viper unit and plugged them back in (didn't see any corrosion), and boom, everything worked fine. Hopefully that was it, not just coincidence.

Standard electronics, unplug each component and keep cleaning the connections until it works right. 

Edited by benvickers38
Possibly resolved.