Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailering Rain Magnet

The Hulk

Why is it 100% of the time I pull the boat out and want to trailer, rain magically pops up?? 

Also need a good cover for when I have to leave it at marinas getting service work done.any recommendations? Factory covers about worthless..EVO doesn't make one for the 25lsv too long.

Anyone with a 25 lsv and a custom cover without snaps that can actually be trailer and that actually doesn't let water in? Would be awesome if you could fold the tower down as well underneath the cover I would imagine somebody on here is done that maybe your guy has a pattern for a G4 and a 25 lsv?

1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

Take 2 minuets before trailering and wrap the boat with pallet wrap.. the tower support is the only way to go in my opinion.

How on Earth does it stay put at 75mph?

18 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

How on Earth does it stay put at 75mph?

And then put the cover over top of the pallet wrap around the rub rail areas, basically wherever the cover touches. 

Tower support meaning the rope that acts as a pole to hold up the cover and prevent pooling. The over the tower would definitely be the way I would go. I forget the brand but the company making Tige’s new covers is getting so many likes. 

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Why is it 100% of the time I pull the boat out and want to trailer, rain magically pops up?? 

Also need a good cover for when I have to leave it at marinas getting service work done.any recommendations? Factory covers about worthless..EVO doesn't make one for the 25lsv too long.

Anyone with a 25 lsv and a custom cover without snaps that can actually be trailer and that actually doesn't let water in? Would be awesome if you could fold the tower down as well underneath the cover I would imagine somebody on here is done that maybe your guy has a pattern for a G4 and a 25 lsv?

I thought IXFE now has 25 and an evo for it, problem is there wait time 

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Commercial sewing makes a legit tower down version I’m sure they can do something for the 25lsv. 

http://commercialsewing.com/

Pretty sure the stock cover for a 2016 25lsv is a commercial sewing cover. 

Hulk, if evo doesn’t offer a cover for the 25 then I feel you have the next best option with the stock cover. You could maybe find a canvas guy who does work for big boats that would be willing to use your old cover as a guide then make whatever changes you need for it? Or maybe look at the forecast before towing next time? :tease2: 

If my memory is correct I don’t think @IXFE went evo for his 25 last year. @Stevo owns it now so one of them can confirm. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

Tow with no cover and wipe down clean when you arrive.  This is what I always do. It’s easy, there’s no risk of marks from the cover, losing the cover, or having to stop multiple times to adjust the cover.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, braindamage said:

Tow with no cover and wipe down clean when you arrive.  This is what I always do. It’s easy, there’s no risk of marks from the cover, losing the cover, or having to stop multiple times to adjust the cover.

what a mess, road/dirt,grime on the seats/carpet every tiny spot on planet earth.. 

i have a factory cover, its falling apart unless its not factory, feels cheap. and its not ever been used other than a dust cover and a few months at a marine (well i should say few winter months in MI) when sitting at a dealer. 

@The Hulk size of 25 LSV shouldn't be an issue with EVO.  I have one for my 257.  Also the 25 isn't that much bigger than 247, i know Cory made covers for those.   Like others have said lead time is going to be your issue.  I tow AZ --> TN cover on, no plastic wrap and boat is not damaged, zero chaffing.  I did this with 24MXZ and Ri257.  The evo covers simply fit that good.

18 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

@The Hulk size of 25 LSV shouldn't be an issue with EVO.  I have one for my 257.  Also the 25 isn't that much bigger than 247, i know Cory made covers for those.   Like others have said lead time is going to be your issue.  I tow AZ --> TN cover on, no plastic wrap and boat is not damaged, zero chaffing.  I did this with 24MXZ and Ri257.  The evo covers simply fit that good.

He said that the span is too long and it will pool.. and nobody's got a 25 out there for them to make a pattern

3 hours ago, DarkSide said:

When I emailed Cory on my m235, he replied they wouldn’t make one to cover it with tower down. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I feel @The Hulk pain. 

Edited by spikew919