Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rev 8 RGB LED

granddaddy55

So I obtained a pair stupid cheap new Rev8 ‘with fixed clamps on eBay without LED RGB ring

what 12 volt power runs the RGB rings you can add, stereo signal power?  

My tower is prewired, do I need to do anything else to make add on RGB work? Just using the red jumper , no controller

aaand, do you need/have to have the male female connectors from wetsounds or does the speaker come with a viable pigtail? Ready to receive tower wire?

if you don’t have to have them what is the advantage 

im getting 6 new inboats with RGB and plan to run them red no controller matching my gauge light colors, whatever they may need not worried cause not tower, but any comment on inboats upgrade welcome , trying to get 3 pair xs65i kit with RGB on ebay

Edited by granddaddy55
4 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

what 12 volt power runs the RGB rings you can add, stereo signal power?

For single color, you just need to wire up the red, green or blue and B+ to a ground and switched B+ output. For the RGB, you will need to wire all 4 wires to an RGB controller. 

6 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

My tower is prewired, do I need to do anything else to make add on RGB work? Just using the red jumper , no controller

Besides the controller for RGB, you need a 4 conductor wire fished through the tower. I dont recall axis pre-wiring for RGB. For single red, you just need 2 wires

9 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

aand, do you need/have to have the male female connectors from wetsounds or does the speaker come with a viable pigtail? Ready to receive tower wire?

The LED wiring will not be plug-an-play, since you purchased the pods without rings installed. Depending on the production date of the rings, they may have a 4 conductor plug on them that you will need the mating pod side. 

Ok so mis using the term RGB and intend to use one color red with a ws ring kit , do I have to fish a Power wire/circuit for that in the tower?

what difference does the manufacture date make agsin?

I think I’m pre wired for 4 cans, I eventually intend to have 2 rev10 so I don’t want to use those circuits

I dont recall ever seeing an axis around the years of yours that was wired for lights, so I cant if if yours needs wired, but the LED lights will require and c conductor circuit up the tower, that is wired through a switched source. I think you may have 2-3 ACC switches, so good chance one is unused. 

Early strips just had pigtails. Recent design now has a 4-way plug that mates with a 4-way that cones on the LED leads of the 6-pin thats for the TC3-S clamp. 

Good chance those unused speaker leads, are wired to the other 2 used speaker leads, rather then four 2 conductors through the tower for speakers. 

@MLA just checked and have 4 2 pair pre wired circuits,  I plan on 4 cans so I don’t want to use them, but if I choose to I can use 2 for speakers,  2 for LED rings(and possibly add/run tower lights off of the same repurposed wire/circuit)???

also with 4 wires I can run two tower amps easily  (buying 1 used at about 675 mono per 2 channels so not optimal price wise to get one amp cheap capable of all four towers now for  2 rev 8 current plus two rev10 or 410 later) to run 1pair  of towers per amp When I add another used amp and the rev 10’s????

at that point I’ll not have lights up there, don’t think it would be much fun to run a 5th circuit up that tower to keep the lights later??? The problem is the base of tower where it goes through the metal channel ???, im guessing we could use a metal fish to come down the tower from top bar if we get it through that base channel??

i may end up being happy with the rev8’s but at 80 feet I think that may be lacking , im  thinking the 8’s angled down at the surfer on outside and the 10’s projected towards the long liner in the middle

at that point I would be at 4 amps (not ideal) cause I’m thinking of using my ht6 for 6 inboats wired parallel 1 speaker per channel  and not using it fir sub and getting s cheap used ws 600 mono amp 

So 3 to start ht6 I have running 6 inboat

ht1 don’t have yet running ws 10 inch free air sub I have obtained with ht6

SDx 4 don’t have yet running Rev8 towers 

could do it without the mono amp  but want to give priority to the 6 inboats 

and my plan is to acquire all three amps and sub for 800-850 on bid on eBay and TMC CLASSIFIED

scored rev 8’s new with fixed clamps for $419.38 on bid 400 plus shipping 

Edited by granddaddy55

Also. Can you wire the Power to the amp  board Power block from the Perko switch and is that the same quality ground as straight to battery?

I dint have room for more rocker switches on dash in the ‘14 axis.  I have two acc switches one I plan to use to switch all audio on including any separately powered LED ring circuits or the one color RGB inboats I’ll run red and keep 2nd switch for tower lights and other 

I’ll probably never night surf this boat so is the 2nd acc switch better served as part of the stereo switched gear???

Edited by granddaddy55
6 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

What do you plan to do with with other 2 chnls of this amp?

just checked and have 4 2 pair pre wired circuits,  I plan on 4 cans so I don’t want to use them, but if I choose to I can use 2 for speakers,  2 for LED rings(and possibly add/run tower lights off of the same repurposed wire/circuit)???

also with 4 wires I can run two tower amps easily  (buying 1 used at about 675 mono per 2 channels so not optimal price wise to get one amp cheap capable of all four towers now for  2 rev 8 current plus two rev10 or 410 later) to run 1pair  of towers per amp When I add another used amp and the rev 10’s????

Since the final tower setup is still not final, I would leave the speaker leads as is, and run a 4 conductor just for the LED rings. Even though you will only use single color now, this will allow for the future use of the RGB without the need to rewire ANYTHING. Just install the controller and connect the 3 other colors to it.

i may end up being happy with the rev8’s but at 80 feet I think that may be lacking

An HLCD is designed just for this, and an 8" should can get the job done, as well as sound OK as a surf setup. A 10" HLCD by itself, will absolutely get the job done ans sound even better for surfing compared to an 8". 

I would suggest putting the tower LEDs on their switch and not tied to the stereo or anything else you want on and NOT want the LEDs on.  

11 hours ago,  granddaddy55 said: 

@MLA said What do you plan to do with with other 2 chnls of this amp?

Correct me but I thought I could run the Rev8’s 675 Watts bridged mono 4 ohms, can’t do this?? Or overpowered , which I didn’t think was a problem , I was bridging 4 to 2 for 675 each, mono the issue?

the manual for the ht6 shows tower speakers and sub at 300 each 6 channels bridged three at 4 ohm mono

Aaand what is the 1owner used value of a wS SD4?

Currently bidding and seller sticking to his price

Edited by granddaddy55