Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need 2500HD truck

racer808

Have had this truck for a year now.  Whoever did the wrap did a quality job, it came off really easy & very little goop was left behind & it came up easily with goo gone.  The antlers on the hood however are sun imprinted forever but it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it.  I've spent a little money on the oil cooler did the relocated bullet proof, some other odds & ends, needed a new radiator but over all this truck has been solid & I love driving it.  Only issue I am having is it pukes coolant when towing my 5th wheel.  Two shops have tested & said the head gaskets are just fine but neither can explain why it keeps randomly puking since it's been deleted & to run it, but I'd like to know why it's happening.  At least it's not the dreaded head gaskets.  Over all I am in about 12k including all repairs on this truck & couldn't be happier with it for what I paid for it.  I should take some pics but it's the same truck minus the wrap, it's a green with tan accents.  

I have an 05 6.0.  I got it with known blown headgaskets for a good price, pulled the engine and put on new heads, studs, re-sealed the bottom end, new lifters, 6.4 pushrods, stc fitting, all new wear items, everything that rotates is new except the bottom end, basically all the upgrades that ford/navistar had to figure out the hard way.  I know this engine a little too well at this point, but i have made a nice machine of value that will go for a long time to come.  The bottom ends are stout as they use a bedplate instead of just main bearing caps, and the transmissions are also stout. Is it puking from the degas bottle? How much?  2 ways for that to occur: excess pressure from exhaust gasses entering cooling jackets (HG's), or an internal leak in the EGR cooler where exhaust gasses passing through it leak into the coolant side.  If the truck is deleted, it's a HG leak but could be minor and still usable. What level is the coolant in the degas bottle? Should be no higher than the bottom of the sticker.  If it's too high, there's less room in the degas bottle for thermal expansion and it may push some out when towing your 5'er.  You can run your own degas test on it for a few bucks and a trip to the hardware store with some sections of rubber hose and a good quality pressure gauge.  There's several youtube vids out there about it.  The shops may have said it's good, but the issue won't manifest just by running it around the block.  I'd put your 5'er on it and a degas gauge and give'r the business and check your pressures. 7-9 psi at 190 degrees and max of 15. Degas cap vents at 16.  Unfortunately, studded and deleted can still blow HG's if the 2 surfaces aren't flat upon reassembly.  Good luck brother.

3 hours ago, racer808 said:

Have had this truck for a year now.  Whoever did the wrap did a quality job, it came off really easy & very little goop was left behind & it came up easily with goo gone.  The antlers on the hood however are sun imprinted forever but it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it.  I've spent a little money on the oil cooler did the relocated bullet proof, some other odds & ends, needed a new radiator but over all this truck has been solid & I love driving it.  Only issue I am having is it pukes coolant when towing my 5th wheel.  Two shops have tested & said the head gaskets are just fine but neither can explain why it keeps randomly puking since it's been deleted & to run it, but I'd like to know why it's happening.  At least it's not the dreaded head gaskets.  Over all I am in about 12k including all repairs on this truck & couldn't be happier with it for what I paid for it.  I should take some pics but it's the same truck minus the wrap, it's a green with tan accents.  

I never saw photos with truck nuts.   Just saying, you owe us that much!

• Like 2