Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

V-Drive Fluid Foamy?

I have a 2009 21 LSV with the Indmar-V and a Monsoon 350. I put the boat in this past week, after I changed all fluids. Naturally I check the levels when I got back to the dock. everything looked good except the V-Drive fluid was foamy. i used the Indmar Synthetic ATF fluid as recommended for the Indmar -V. (I had verified this is correct by speaking with Indmar because it seemed strange that an 09 had the Indmar-V but Larry confirmed that my boat was built toward the end of 09 and that is the transmission) 

i pulled a 6 OZ sample of the fluid out of my v-drive and it was foamy but did not appear to have any water in it and after a day nothing from the sample separated and the foam dissipated. I also shook up the bottle of new Indmar synthetic ATF and some bubbles appeared. I did realize i may have filled it 3-4 OZ high. so my question is, does this fluid naturally get somewhat foamy during use? or as the foam caused by it being slightly overfilled? or is there something else i need to look for? 

Thanks! 

Thankfully no, it was the color it should be. it was just a bit darker than the new Indmar Syn ATF came out of the bottle. it doesn't appear to have mixed with any other fluid or water, thats why I pulled a sample to see if it separates over night and it didn't which should be a good sign.