Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds transom remote

kwebster1

FINALLY! I bought the mc1 a while back thinking they had the TR ready...after waiting a few months, they are finally in. Got mine installed today on a 14 23lsv. Perfect fit in stock Fosgate location. Functionality is amazing. Love that I can control the bass mid and treble, as well as tower, boat, and sub all from the back, as well as all the other functions that it has. Well worth the money! Stoked to finally have a functioning bluetooth on the mc1 and be able to control my music from the water. 

I installed an mc1 in my 17’ axis. So much nicer than the factory HU. I was just on wetsounds website yesterday and they showed the TR out of stock. I wasnt planning on getting it but i may end up doing so. 

19 hours ago, onewake09 said:

I installed an mc1 in my 17’ axis. So much nicer than the factory HU. I was just on wetsounds website yesterday and they showed the TR out of stock. I wasnt planning on getting it but i may end up doing so. 

Creative audio was the only place I saw that had it in stock currently.

So the MC-1 detects snd connects  without assistance?? Knew about 4 zone control

and the head unit and remote don’t change playlists or other issue if you change music from head or remote?? From Bluetooth or USB??  Has USB at head unit or add on?

i think I’m in but 699 plus whatever fir remote I guess I’ll have to wait , my plan was the ws420 with my alpine HU for a radio tuner and satellite radio 

dies 420 auto detect, dies it have a tramsome that can be added later?

dies mc1 have tuner and satellite ready???

i want mine to work like my sync 3 in my f150

Edited by granddaddy55

My MC1 pairs via bluetooth as soon as I turn the unit on. I have mine wired to the perko switch, not key on. If i add the TR I'll probably wire the HU directly to battery because you can turn the system on from the TR. Sometimes I like to turn my system on while detailing the outside and it would be nice to not have to crawl in the boat just to turn the perko switch on. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Choiceind said:

Dang,, thats a big hole you have to drill in the transon to have that remote. 

The hole is already there on most of the boats I've seen. At least all that had the fosgate black box setup. 

• Like 1
On 4/30/2018 at 7:52 AM, onewake09 said:

I cant find the specs of the hole for TR. I looked on the WS website but nothing. What size hole is required? 

Was wondering about this also.  My 17 T23 has the Millenia REM70 remote whereas the MC1 remote is round:

https://www.amazon.com/Milennia-MILREM70-REM70-Wired-Remote/dp/B01FVOAFUO

Edited by MUM3
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems inline with all the other LCD remotes. Given its functions, I suppose it could be surface mounted with only a hole for the cable. But we would need to be willing to accept having it stand out .75" or more off the deck. 

I think you took my post a little too literal. Was not suggesting that the current remote be surface mounted, but rather the alternative to flush mounting, is surface mount.