Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 T-22 Low fuel warning/capacity

The specs say that the 2018 T-22 holds 48 gallons.  Yesterday I reached the "low fuel" warning and the annoying buzzer.  Thinking I was down to fumes (this is my first tank)  I quit for the day and put the boat back on the trailer.  When I took it to the gas station I was only able to put in 35 gallons. (It stopped at 30, but I was able to very slowly put in another 5)  Assuming it really does hold 48 gallons, I had 13 gallons still in the tank (over a quarter tank) with the alarm going off.  Anyone else see this?  Any way to silent the alarm and get at least another hour of boating in?

Edited by Wavemaker

I noticed the same thing on my 17’ a20 last year.  Low fuel buzzer came on way early. My boat hold 42 gallons and i was able to put about 30 in it. I think you press the return arrow on right panel to silence it. 

34 minutes ago, Wavemaker said:

The specs say that the 2018 T-22 holds 48 gallons.  Yesterday I reached the "low fuel" warning and the annoying buzzer.  Thinking I was down to fumes (this is my first tank)  I quit for the day and put the boat back on the trailer.  When I took it to the gas station I was only able to put in 35 gallons. (It stopped at 30, but I was able to very slowly put in another 5)  Assuming it really does hold 48 gallons, I had 13 gallons still in the tank (over a quarter tank) with the alarm going off.  Anyone else see this?  Anyway to silent the alarm and get at least another hour of boating in?

There was new software released in March, 2018 that your dealer should be able to install to take care of that problem in 2017s. Do you know the date your boat was built? Some early 18s may still have the older software?

52 minutes ago, Rednucleus said:

Time to carry a gas can on board and see how long you can go after the buzzer. How long did it take to burn the 1st 30-35?

About 6 hours to burn 30 gallons

47 minutes ago, chantel said:

There was new software released in March, 2018 that your dealer should be able to install to take care of that problem in 2017s. Do you know the date your boat was built? Some early 18s may still have the older software?

It was manufactured late Feb '18  

3 hours ago, Wavemaker said:

About 6 hours to burn 30 gallons

It was manufactured late Feb '18  

The most recent software update for 2018s is V2.18T - you can go into your settings to see what version you have. Not sure if it would fix your problem, but I know they are aware of it on the 2017s and had a fix for it. The return arrow on the squash pad does turn the beep off for a bit, but it will keep going off until you refuel.

Every boat I have had reads lower than it is on the guage no matter if surfing bow up, or at rest. Mine will show 1/4 tank when it still has half and empty when there is still quarter tank. I have heard others mention this...isnt it fairly prevalent? Are you saying the update is for the buzzer, or more correct reading on fuel level?

7 hours ago, chantel said:

The most recent software update for 2018s is V2.18T - you can go into your settings to see what version you have. Not sure if it would fix your problem, but I know they are aware of it on the 2017s and had a fix for it. The return arrow on the squash pad does turn the beep off for a bit, but it will keep going off until you refuel.

6 hours ago, chantel said:

Side note: the 8s look like zeros on that screen - the zero w/ a slash through it is an 8.

I checked and it's V2.18T  -   Thanks for the heads up on the "8", it did look like a zero

On 4/28/2018 at 7:10 PM, Infinitysurf said:

Every boat I have had reads lower than it is on the guage no matter if surfing bow up, or at rest. Mine will show 1/4 tank when it still has half and empty when there is still quarter tank. I have heard others mention this...isnt it fairly prevalent? Are you saying the update is for the buzzer, or more correct reading on fuel level?

My understanding is that the update makes it so the buzzer doesn't go off as early. The fuel level would still read the same, but the low fuel warning happens at a lower fuel level. 

1/4 tank is what they recommend not running the tank under. so that is why the buzzer happens. you can silence the buzzer by pressing the Enter key.

is the alarm only on 17's and 18's ( only thing I hate about my boat is the gas  gauge always shows out but I have never put close to 40 gallons back in. ) I have never heard the alarm so I assume it isn't on 2016 models ( I have a T22)

only reason I am really considering an A24 or T23 is to hope to get more time between fills. I Know the bigger boat will burn more per hour I assume but hopefully it would be better than my current situation.

• 2 years later...
57 minutes ago, kfischer said:

MY A20 2020 fuel gage isnt working.  How hard do you think it is to fix?

It depends on what is wrong with it and if you need parts to fix it.  Possibly a faulty sender, stuck sender float, loose connection or wiring issue, or maybe an info center controller?  How comfortable are you testing those things?  Can your local dealer look at it?