Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 lsv 23 plug n play

SouthsideBoarder

14 hours ago, SCMike said:

Well, the Sumo 650s are a bit too wide, and are caving in the engine divide panels.  I’ll probably be putting them up for sale and picking up the wake makers customs. Sucks because the 650s are a great weight for the LSV.  No bow bag needed.  Wake was money? 

Appreciate the update. This helped solidify that I will do the WakeMAKERS 580 sacks. It also helps that they 650s were good and didn’t need bow weight. 

Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2018 at 7:30 PM, Pnwrider said:

Took awhile, but finally got some pics of the 580s filled up. 

77E46B1D-FF91-4268-AAFB-90CB0AFB34E6.jpeg

3C1FED4B-B0BD-4EA4-B0AD-BF76D4875C1E.jpeg

Do you find the bags still push on the engine divider panel just maybe not as much? My dealer put in custom 580 pound sacks like this in each locker and they press pretty hard on the divider panel. 

I was thinking about putting on the WakeMAKERS divider supports to reduce the bending on the panels. 

Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

Do you find the bags still push on the engine divider panel just maybe not as much? My dealer put in custom 580 pound sacks like this in each locker and they press pretty hard on the divider panel. 

I was thinking about putting on the WakeMAKERS divider supports to reduce the bending on the panels. 

Thoughts?

Mine do not push on the engine divider. 

• Like 1

Went ahead and custom made some divider support kits. The WakeMAKERS ones are backordered till the middle of the month. Also, we only did two on each side instead of three. We did two on the removable panel. I think and am hopeful we will not need one on the screwed in back panels as they look to be strong and not flexing as much. If needed we can always add a single in the back on each side later. 

Last year with the 2017 LSV I ended it up buying the kit from wakemakers.com so the divider panels wouldn't bow into the engine compartment and was wondering why Malibu can't make these panels in fashion that they don't bow from the get go as you won't be able to surf w/o PNP … a year later and possibly beyond - same thing … comparing with this on my current boat … and I don't have to put ballast bags into the locker … a solid divider with carpet facing the locker … not sure how much money Malibu is saving here …:(

IMG_54841_zpss5wjpm11.jpg

IMG_54861_zpsqulcfhyy.jpg

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Monkeybutt said:

Last year with the 2017 LSV I ended it up buying the kit from wakemakers.com so the divider panels wouldn't bow into the engine compartment and was wondering why Malibu can't make these panels in fashion that they don't bow from the get go as you won't be able to surf w/o PNP … a year later and possibly beyond - same thing … comparing with this on my current boat … and I don't have to put ballast bags into the locker … a solid divider with carpet facing the locker … not sure how much money Malibu is saving here …:(

IMG_54841_zpss5wjpm11.jpg

IMG_54861_zpsqulcfhyy.jpg

That’s a nice panel. The 18 lsv is significantly thicker than my old 08 vtx but not thick enough to not need the supports. Even with the custom fit bags. 

Still love the boat though.

Going back to what size PNPs to run, I've found that I can only run my rears with the WM 475s filled to ~75% or I get too much water spilling over the surfgates with anything more than a click or two of wedge from lift (speed 10-11). With full PNPs and all stock tanks full, the water spilling over the gates ruins the wave face on both sides, but cleans up fairly well at around 75% in the rear. I was running 400 lbs in the walkway today and still had to get the rears to 75% before I could use any extra wedge to steepen the face. At that point I can run the full range of the wedge with no gate spillover messing up the wave face.

Crew has only been 3-4 each time out so parking a couple people in the bow or getting more weight up there would help balance out the ride too. The local dealer guys are also running the same setup on their demos, minus the walkway bag.

What are others seeing that have put some time on their '18 23 LSVs now?

I do full stock with 680 plug and play in the rear lockers. 5 adults. Wedge just about middle position, 11.2mph. Surf left. Wave is great with lots of push and large face. Will still tweak a bit. 

Do your WakeMAKERS bags have a “notch” in the base/bottom to accommodate the 4 inch or so space between the hard tank and engine divider, or is the bag flat across the whole bottom?