Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fluids - Engine, V-drive and Trans

Time for the spring fluid swap - On the engine Im gonna run the Indmar 15-40, I forget what and how much on the V drive and Tranny. I have the Walter Vdrive. Mine is a 2000 23LSV

Also, what is a good pump to order to pull the oil from the engine as well as the v-drive and tranny? 

Stock engine is 5.5 quarts, but most are putting more in if they are surfing; 2.12 quarts on the transmission fluid, and 1 quart on the v-drive.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-sale-12v-Motor-Oil-Diesel-Extractor-Scavenge-Suction-Transfer-Change-Pump/172335647127?epid=1541996468&hash=item2820014997:g:BKYAAOSw8oFX0k3F&vxp=mtr

I have tried to gravity feed the engine before with the hose and after several hours I only got like 6oz out if that...

Just regular ATF Fluid for the trans and Rotella on the V-drive correct? 

EDIT: I tried the pump you have formulaben. I was able to extract from the Vdrive and trans but I was unable to get the oil to get out from the dip stick nor the bottom hose.

Edited by triscadek
3 hours ago, triscadek said:

EDIT: I tried the pump you have formulaben. I was able to extract from the Vdrive and trans but I was unable to get the oil to get out from the dip stick nor the bottom hose.

I should have specified, I use that pump for the trans and v-drive.  I gravity feed my engine oil to change it.  Definitely NOT a fan of putting anything down the dipstick hole on the engine...just do a search and see what fun it might present.

5 hours ago, formulaben said:

I should have specified, I use that pump for the trans and v-drive.  I gravity feed my engine oil to change it.  Definitely NOT a fan of putting anything down the dipstick hole on the engine...just do a search and see what fun it might present.

There wasn't much to pull up... I tried a different pump this time. I will try to get a fitting to screw on to the end of the oil pan hose.

10 hours ago, triscadek said:

I have tried to gravity feed the engine before with the hose and after several hours I only got like 6oz out if that...

There have been a couple times the gravity feed hose came up short, remedied it with a quick blast of compressed air back up the hose.

13 minutes ago, triscadek said:

Does that help to just gravity feed or suck with a pump?

Probably both.  I think the hose just gets semi clogged and the air pressure blasts it out.  I didn't use any fittings, just an air gun pressed on the end of the hose fitting.  You can hear bubbles in the oil pan. 

Also, when using vacuum, the max psi you can get is 14.7 (1 atmosphere).  You can get a heck of a lot more with compressed air....

Edited by MadMan
2 hours ago, triscadek said:

There wasn't much to pull up... I tried a different pump this time. I will try to get a fitting to screw on to the end of the oil pan hose.

Take a look here.