Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

09 VTX power wedge will not go up

My power wedge will not go up even with the boat moving. I think it is the sensors as if I hard wire the the power wedge with jumper cables to the battery it will go up and down also when I do that sometimes  I will get a warning that the wedge is down when it is up and I get a overspeed warning 

Where can I purchase a replacement sensor 

so this is gonna be a hard swallow for you.  I just had this issue and I hope you checked the 30a fuse on the power module/circuit board underneath the Helm??  instead of buying a new fuse just take a piece of wire and cross the fuse to rule out if it is the fuse or not.  If you can hard jump the wedge to move back down and reverse the polarity to move it back up, then it will be your power module.  The kicker is:  the power module is built into the entire board so it's not like you can just replace the PW module, it's the entire replacement of the Medallion Box which I was just quoted at $1,100.  I said no way!

I decided to buy a single rocker switch (double pull double throw) where it has a neutral in the middle.  Then went to bakesonline.com and bought the old PW rocker switch cover.  Wired in an inline fuse (after the switch - 30a) and now I bypassed the Power Module built into the board.  Works like a champ and guess what, my PW gauge on the dash still tells me where I'm at in position.

Now there COULD be an issue where your calibration is not in Sync which will cause issues of now allowing your PW to come up and down.  You will need to go into the PW settings and tell us your the numbers it shows in calibration mode.

The docs I attached will give you everything you need to figure out your issues and then decide what you need/want to do.  Good luck

Power Wedge 2008-2013-Tech Tip.pdf

MalibuWedgeDiagnostic2011.pdf