Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this site too intimidating?

shawndoggy

19 hours ago, vanamp said:

9nqzoHE.png

And on today's episode of "When Bad Things Happen to Good Boats" - we present to you this tragedy......... 

• Like 3

and it all fits nicely into a medium size walmart tote when I'm done, stowed away into one of the ski lockers.  Now the kicker is, my ex father law was a tool and Die guy and the normal length SS rods that come with those marine grills are about 14" long.  I had him make me something like a 22" long rod so all I have to do is stand on the back of the platform with my drink and cook the goods up for everyone.  It's a BIG hit on my boat and crew, never looking back.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

I occasionally respond on that Facebook site, but lets take for example the recent one where someone was excited about their "boat grill" and who has one.  So many were bashers and negative.  I responded that I have one as well (pic below).  So who cares if you have that option or not.  I know my a** is grilling some frick'n Filets after I get done boarding right on the sandbar, smells good doesn't it?  I might even throw on some brawts but not sure that would be in the wussy category.  So if the bashers (which there were lots of bashers on the FB page) say only mastercraft owners and other losers have boat grills (really?), what fun is this.  I'm a veteran of the entire sport.  I will jump on a wakeboard and knock out 7-8 different flips and slap me on a slalom ski and try and hit a few buoys at 22 off.  Hell, get me a few beers and launch me off the kicker with a tube or a kneeboard behind a wakesetter or whatever inboard you want (make sure you do it at WOT).  The bigger question I have is that the newer owners have forgotten to have fun with the entire idea of watersports in general?? 

Is this site too intimidating, hell NO this is my first choice to rally with my comrades!

boatgrill.jpg

You're a riot man.  

We have a load of fun with water sports and have turned to just slalom after a few years of being a "3 sport crew".  I'm not sure where that puts us in terms of cooking on or off our boat, but we wouldn't cook on our boat because its messy, but more importantly because on the Echelon, right below that location are my fuel tank vents and blower vents from a gassy old carb'd motor.  

You're having a good time with it, which is the point of owning a wake/ski boat.  

• Like 1

Thanks man!  Ive just been around it all and seems like people are so uptight lately with these boats.  By the way, some people’s dreams are to ski the coarse at the infamous Radar lake.  Meanwhile i got some good videos of us tubing at Radar.  So to think the pros or makers of our products we buy don't tube or enjoy all things to be silly on the water would be Naive.  Hope i didnt hi jack this thread too much, its still my choice to learn or unwind from life with my Axis/Malibu family

Edited by hawaiianstyln
  • Like 1

You won't get any grief from me!  I always have a grill on board.  I tend to avoid grilling on the boat and usually hit a dock or picnic table, but I always make the effort to have a full day out at the lake...no way I'm packing sandwiches for a full day when you can grill.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hawaiianstyln said:

I occasionally respond on that Facebook site, but lets take for example the recent one where someone was excited about their "boat grill" and who has one.  So many were bashers and negative.  I responded that I have one as well (pic below).  So who cares if you have that option or not.  I know my a** is grilling some frick'n Filets after I get done boarding right on the sandbar, smells good doesn't it?  I might even throw on some brawts but not sure that would be in the wussy category.  So if the bashers (which there were lots of bashers on the FB page) say only mastercraft owners and other losers have boat grills (really?), what fun is this.  I'm a veteran of the entire sport.  I will jump on a wakeboard and knock out 7-8 different flips and slap me on a slalom ski and try and hit a few buoys at 22 off.  Hell, get me a few beers and launch me off the kicker with a tube or a kneeboard behind a wakesetter or whatever inboard you want (make sure you do it at WOT).  The bigger question I have is that the newer owners have forgotten to have fun with the entire idea of watersports in general?? 

Is this site too intimidating, hell NO this is my first choice to rally with my comrades!

boatgrill.jpg

I have never grilled because of the potential mess.  Where does the grease go with that grill?  

• Like 1

Here is the grill I use.  In the pictures you can see there is a drip tray.  The inside of the grill clamshells are teflon coated so when we're done (and after it cools) I scrape the iron grate somewhat clean, then lift the iron grate and wipe down all oil/debris into the silver drip tray, then pull the tray and wipe it clean over the garbage and close it back up.  Fold in the legs and disconnect the small propane bottle and then she goes into the carrying case.

Side note: I love the grill because it has a small internal volume and iron grate that can get really hot for searing steaks; it also does great for just about anything else.

Edited by formulaben
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I have never grilled because of the potential mess.  Where does the grease go with that grill?  

there is a slim plate underneath these things that catch the grease.  Either way I try to avoid things like bacon cheese burgers that have MUCH grease.  When I grill on the boat it's specifically steak/chicken and the marinades do not have any olive oil in it.

I swear, you get a boat grill you will never look back.  It will be the biggest hit of the weekend/day.  :)

2 minutes ago, formulaben said:

Here is the grill I use.  In the pictures you can see there is a drip tray.  The inside of the grill clamshells are teflon coated so when we're done (and after it cools) I scrape the iron grate somewhat clean, then lift the iron grate and wipe down all oil/debris into the silver drip tray, then pull the tray and wipe it clean over the garbage and close it back up.  Fold in the legs and disconnect the small propane bottle and then she goes into the carrying case.

nicely done sir!  I use this one:  https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Kettle-Stainless-Adjustable-Control/dp/B06XN6BMQ9

2 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

I swear, you get a boat grill you will never look back.  It will be the biggest hit of the weekend/day.  :)

And that's both good and bad...now I tend to attract a crowd and sometimes there are big expectations since I've been known to go all out on the grill.  Either way, nobody goes hungry on my boat.

• Like 1

my bad @Ronnie I figured it was.

Anyways, I have been trying to stay away from Wakeworld and FB and only use this site for knowledge base.  There is a good chance or % that if I post a question seeking help on a topic at WW or FB, there always seems to be some punk behind a device or computer that will mouth off. just because....  I guess that is the way of the world now.  I don't really and nor have I ever had that on TMC because we all have some respect for each other.  Which is why it's well worth my donation to support this site.  FB/WW - free isn't always free and maybe that is why some may feel this site is intimidating such as the topic of this thread.  doesn't make sense though

I can't even imagine how much money I have saved from the help of my TMC family over the years, intimidate me all you want.  :lol: I have no "Safe Place" :lol:

Edited by hawaiianstyln
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Saw that this morning.  Someone wrapped their T23 in blue chrome and it ended up looking bad a**.  Gold isn't my thing, but I've seen some gold wrapped cars and they did turn my head.