Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this site too intimidating?

shawndoggy

15 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

This one? :rofl: 

D2A5ECC4-FA5D-468C-B2BB-A394D75E86A2.thumb.png.1a35f2cfd69fd17decda15af19a5253c.pngA4F52D6A-5C6E-41DC-BFEB-9242612773CD.thumb.png.2513cec30227e318edf6fdae72b79c4b.png

I couldn’t believe it when I saw it. I hope the dealer made him pay up front. 

That would be the one.... I mean, I'm not hatin' on it. But..................................................................... it definitely takes a certain type of person to feel comfortable in that.

He’s also a TMC guy and was asking some ballast questions a few weeks ago here.

I still think of myself as a relative newbie and this site has been a great resource for me the last few years. I try to help out others that were like me a few years back when I didn’t know much or really anything about these boats then.  

Like others have said above, the experience you get here has some direct correlation to the amount of common sense and communication style you bring with you in conversations with the crew. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

They probably were explained. I’ve realized when I take new people out they barely listen. But they are also probably the first to blast Malibu or their dealer online ... :blush: 

D2A5ECC4-FA5D-468C-B2BB-A394D75E86A2.thumb.png.1a35f2cfd69fd17decda15af19a5253c.pngA4F52D6A-5C6E-41DC-BFEB-9242612773CD.thumb.png.2513cec30227e318edf6fdae72b79c4b.png

You guy are mean.  You know that's in support of "boats for the blind," right?

It’s this kind of reply that is that balance of funny and biting. I about cried when I read it:

”it's like a perpetual motion machine of stupidity”

”It seriously is a cesspool of dumb”

51 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

You guy are mean.  You know that's in support of "boats for the blind," right?

That explains the braille on the touch screens, then. **thumbs up**

• Like 1

I think new users would find this site intimidating..., not the site itself, but some of the  posters on here can be pretty harsh to questions or topics that they think are below them or stupid.  You definitely have to have thick skin around here.  It hasn’t always been this way here, imo....  

That being said, I like this site.  It’s entertaining and has a wealth of Malibu and general boating knowledge.   It’s why I hang around even though I don’t own a Malibu anymore.  

• Like 2

Anyone see the boat had the thru-Hulls painted pink to match the guys surf board? 

This site is a little intimidating but really depends on your personality type. I'm not a big talker in person when in groups and this is a pretty big group. 

I dont do facebook because If I want to talk to my mom ill just call her.   Im 45 and facebook seems like Florida to me.  You know, “old people and their parents”. 

4 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

They probably were explained. I’ve realized when I take new people out they barely listen. But they are also probably the first to blast Malibu or their dealer online ... :blush: 

Wow  there is a boat that'll have to be wrapped to re sell. 

3 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Pot, have you met my friend kettle?

I’m not understanding what you are saying here... or why you’d go back 7 years to find it.  

I’ve slept and drank a lot since 2011. lol 

Edited by bamabonners

Good forums are tough to maintain your tribe now days. It takes lots of good moderators and good content. 

I participate in 2, themalibucrew.com and pugski.com(admin).  

The wealth of knowledge here is vast, other media just doesn't compare.  Worst thing possible would it to disappear, like Epicski did, decades of information lost forever.

The key to posting is remember that you are answering the current post but also future posters. So sometimes things need to be toned down, but I like the tribe here. 

• Like 2
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, ahopkinsTXi said:

The Facebook group is just pure humor. Don’t take it seriously. I look at it for entertainment and post on the real questions from time to time. 

This forum is great. I think it could be intimidating if someone new were to come in and say, hey I’ve skied a new prostar 10ish times and compared to my TXi and the new TXi I feel the TXi is better. Then if they get grilled through 100 questions about when, where, who, why, and how those prostar sets were.... that could be intimidating to someone not comfortable here :lol: 

Don't be ridiculous Hopkins you know posts about ski tugs die after one page.....

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Right...

Ok you found one outlier.....but ......Had to go 2 years back ehhh...... and to be fair that post count should be cut in half due to the fact every other post was from you. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

Ok you found one outlier.....but ......Had to go 2 years back ehhh...... and to be fair that post count should be cut in half due to the fact every other post was from you. 

I think there is another one about how unbelievably expensive the 2019 Ski Nautique is

Just now, oldjeep said:

I think there is another one about how unbelievably expensive the 2019 Ski Nautique is

I hope You and your Son realize I was joking...... Is their no humor at the Jeep household dinner table.....

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

I hope You and your Son realize I was joking...... Is their no humor at the Jeep household dinner table.....

Lol.  I think hopkins is a little too old and under tall to be one of mine.