Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Almost Boating Time! New 2017 LSV 23

guitarcrazy

It has been a long winter in Montana, being colder and lasting much longer than usual.  The ice is off our lake, and the dealer is getting the accessories installed on our new 2017 LSV 23.  We bought it last fall as a carryover and are excited to hit the water.  I just sold my 2012 MB B-52 23V, and it was a great boat.  I really hope my new Malibu is as trouble free and makes as good a wave as the MB.  The dealer is installing the tower speakers and sub, and fresh air exhaust will be next.  Any thoughts on the break-in procedure?  My last two boats (MB and Centurion), I was told to run for 3 to 5 hours and then go ahead and wakeboard and surf as usual.  I had 440 hours on the MB with not a single issue, so it seems to have worked.  I have pasted the sticker below.  The colors for the interior are incorrect, everything is black, red, and gray.  Looking forward to a great season!

PS, I am already daydreaming about a 2018 so if anyone wants a nice 2017 LSV23 in September with around 100 hours let me know! :-)

Window_Sticker_Full_170222-33382 (1).pdf

You will love it. I had the dealer demo mine for 9 hours and it was ready to surf when I got it. 5 hours should be fine. Wave will be really good although you might want to add a little weight in the bow to help it out. You will have a couple issues with all the computer screens but nothing that will ruin you summer. One word of advice, don't have anything plugged into any of the UBS ports when you turn the boat on, you will get a prompt on the screen to "Check the Owners Manuel." It drove me nuts until I figured it out.  

Thanks Heiny.  This is my first computer driven boat so I am sure I have a lot to learn.  That is a good tip, I may never have figured that one out. 

ahopkins22LSV

Very nice boat! Don’t sweat the “computer” stuff. Malibu’s system is very easy to use. And I wouldn’t worry about it having issues either. It happens yes, but it’s not a large occurrence by any means.

2 hours ago, Heiny said:

You will love it. I had the dealer demo mine for 9 hours and it was ready to surf when I got it. 5 hours should be fine. Wave will be really good although you might want to add a little weight in the bow to help it out. You will have a couple issues with all the computer screens but nothing that will ruin you summer. One word of advice, don't have anything plugged into any of the UBS ports when you turn the boat on, you will get a prompt on the screen to "Check the Owners Manuel." It drove me nuts until I figured it out.  

Can you turn off the "Check the Owners Manual" prompt?  Mine comes on whenever I turn the screen on.  The only USB I was told not to plug a phone into is the port right under the sport knob and phone holder.

It seems weird to not plug a phone into a usb port.  What else would you plug in?  Thumb drive?  I don't see many guys bringing external hard drives on the boat.

Edited by guitarcrazy

I am not sure that the 2018 will be that much better in the wake and wave department, but we are itching for the wakeview bench seat.  The cost to turn a boat so quickly may keep us from doing it, but you can always daydream.  

• Like 1
On 4/20/2018 at 3:25 PM, tex599 said:

Can you turn off the "Check the Owners Manual" prompt?  Mine comes on whenever I turn the screen on.  The only USB I was told not to plug a phone into is the port right under the sport knob and phone holder.

I couldn't clear it when I started the boat with the cord plugged into the UBS. 

On 4/20/2018 at 3:28 PM, guitarcrazy said:

It seems weird to not plug a phone into a usb port.  What else would you plug in?  Thumb drive?  I don't see many guys bringing external hard drives on the boat.

I could plug in my phone but I had to wait until after I started the boat. Plugging it in before I started the boat and then starting the boat created my issue.

On 4/20/2018 at 3:28 PM, guitarcrazy said:

From my understanding, that USB port under the phone holder is only there for system update.  If you plug your phone in prior to turning on the screens, the computer sees this new hard drive and will try to boot from it.  Once your screen is on, it should just act as a normal USB and provide power.  The other USB ports are intended to connect to the stereo and do not tie into the screen.  I just stuck an ipod in the drivers glove box and leave it plugged in, no issues with that.

• 2 weeks later...