Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lightweight weekend cover

Lees23

All,

Any suggestions on a lightweight cover to be used whwn you are at the lake but just covering for the night?  It certainly doesn’t need to be custom, just a universal but close fit than can be secured with bungees to the lift to keep the bugs and blowing rain out of the boat overnight.  

The mooring cover will be used to cover/protect the boat long term(when not at the lake house).

The boat is a 22VLX.  

Thanks all. 

Purchased a cheap cover from Kmart on line, 24’ for my 22VLX, slips over very easy. Around 80 bucks. I use it over the malibu cover in the shop to keep dust off the good cover. When it gets dirty I place it over my work truck with a lumber rack and hose off. Drys in about an hour in the sun

1 minute ago, Bird said:

Purchased a cheap cover from Kmart on line, 24’ for my 22VLX, slips over very easy. Around 80 bucks. I use it over the malibu cover in the shop to keep dust off the good cover. When it gets dirty I place it over my work truck with a lumber rack and hose off. Drys in about an hour in the sun

Nice.  Thanks for the reply.  Is it real lightweight.  Unfortunately I won’t habe any dock storage so the cover will need to be stored on the boat.  I don’t want it to take up a ton of space. 

Cover came with a bunch of straps and a mesh bag. Compressed down to about a small sleep bag size. It has a bungee all around and it stays in place due to over the bow and under the back hoisting rings and the platform handle on the transom. I have to travel down about 1 mile if dirt road at camp Shasta and it stays in place with no tie downs under 10 mph. I have used it for 3 seasons and washed a dozen times with no issues

• Like 2