Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Mirror - What to get?

Cam12

Looking to put a tower mirror on my Illusion X tower. Planning on ordering the kit from Bakes. I am debating between the CIPA 180 Deluxe Single Lens Mirror for an extra $30 (not the CIPA Extreme 3 Lens) vs. PTM VR-140 Pro for an extra $140. Is the PTM worth the extra money? Why? 

I’m personally a fan of the PTM. I run one as do most of my buddies and we have all been very pleased. When I purchased I seem to recall reviews on the forums being favorable to PTM, which is why I went with it, although I’m sure either would  work. 

I went with the PCM mirror and love it. I also had a tower mirror mount on my Axis A22, but preferred the mirror mounted on my windshield a lot more.

I regularly drive 2 boats with the CIPA Vision 180.  I love it.  You can get it for as low as 30$ on amazon - check the thread in the deals forum.  It is a huge field of vision.  Your rider is a bit smaller in the CIPA than the PTM.  I personally chose not to pay the upcharge for the PTM.  I put my CIPA on my tower arm and love it.  But, the other boat I drive has the CIPA on a windshield mount.  Both work very well.