Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LED control for Revo6 and Revo8

ponderosasurf

Putting a new system in a 15 23lsv. Decided to go with the Revo8 and Revo6 wetsounds. They have built in LEDs. How are those hooked up? I have a local shop doing the install and the plan is to just swap the rockfords out for the wetsounds then wire them up to new amps. Not planning on running any new wire. Will the LEDs be able to be hooked up? Will i need a separate controller? Any body who has done this before and can give some advice is much appreciated.

You will need a 2 conductor wire run around the boat speaker to speaker then to switch, for single color or 4 conductor wire and an RGB controller if you want the multi-color operation. Your product retailer and installer should understand this and be able to explain in greater details as well as what gauge wire is best. 

17 minutes ago, MLA said:

You will need a 2 conductor wire run around the boat speaker to speaker then to switch, for single color or 4 conductor wire and an RGB controller if you want the multi-color operation. Your product retailer and installer should understand this and be able to explain in greater details as well as what gauge wire is best. 

That's what I thought. Forgot to ask them about this. Was hoping to not have to run any additional wires so maybe I will go without. We hardly ever boat at night anyways.

Its mainly just additional time/labor. Your installer should be able to give you a very close number. I would imagine its much easier to lay the LED wire in now, since the speakers are out. And honestly, I would just go ahead and run the 4-conductor, even IF only one color was preferred now. This gives you or future owner the option of stepping up to full RGB without a complete re-wire. No additional labor and Id guess the cost difference between 2 and 4 conductor is minimal. 

• Like 1