Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Fault Codes questions

I had a couple questions about two engine Fault failures I noticed while out on the boat this past weekend while out on our 2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23lsv which has the monsoon 340 engine. Neither one kept us off the lake although one made the boat go into limp mode, however once I turned the boat off and restarted it ran fine all day. I was just curious to if you knew what would cause the faults.  The faults are as follows:

1.  MHC failure: SPN 65581 CM

Bad Intelligence Device or Comp 

FMI 12 OC 127

Could this be caused by a stereo or some electrical surge?

2. Cylinder1misfire

SPN 65591 CM

Mech system not responding properly

FMI 7 OC 127

This code happens the second day out in the boat right after we launched and motored our to middle of the lake. Could this be the issues that caused the boat to go into limp mode. Also would bad gas cause this?  We realized that the gas in the boat had been sitting since end of last season and I don’t think it had fuel stabilizer in it. 

Thank you for any help  

Ryan

• 4 years later...

Were you able to figure out this issue? I know it has been a few years since this post but I have the same boat and am getting the same errors. Any help is greatly appreciated 

chris