Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Soft-Grip Flooring 2018 T22

Two hours on the water with her and my new Soft-Grip Flooring began to bubble.  This floor looks great but come on!!! 2 hours on the water.  I emailed the service department and my sales guy the photo, no response yet.  I have an hour drive back to dealer, so I hoping for an easy fix.  Anyone experienced this yet or fixed it ?

20180414_172943.jpg

2 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

personally I'd poke that with a syringe and vent the bubble.  I'm sure it'd be fine once the air in the bubble is vented and the flooring stuck back down.

+1

Back in the day when we would put grip tape on new skateboards if we had a bubble we would poke a tiny hole with a safety pin or similar and press the bubble down. 

If you use a razor blade you can usually make a line that matches the grain, push the bubble to squeeze the air out, and then push it flat so the adhesive reattaches to the floor. You want to make sure it is dry, because if water gets into it, the adhesive won't work as well. The bubbling can happen when the temperature changes, but it's a pretty easy fix.

Thanks for the advice guys, that's what I wanted to do, just wanted to get some opinions.. yeah I keep my boat in my simi heated garage, doesn't get below 55, but we did have a freak 80+ degree day on Sat so maybe the temp swing helped pop it out... I'll give it a try...

WI, burrrrrrr.. stay strong my friend 

13 hours ago, minnmarker said:

You've been on the water? Lucky dog! I've got 30 inches of ice with 2 feet of snow on top of that!

I wonder if well ever see warm weather up here.

12 hours ago, MustGoFast said:

I wonder if well ever see warm weather up here.

I bought a snowblower today to clear a spot for my new boat.... On the bright side if I turned off the snow blower closed my eyes and stood in direct sunlight it almost felt like spring. 

2 hours ago, vanamp said:

I bought a snowblower today to clear a spot for my new boat.... On the bright side if I turned off the snow blower closed my eyes and stood in direct sunlight it almost felt like spring. 

Congrats! What did you end up with?  I don’t think I saw any post from you about ordering a new boat. Pics pics pics! 

8 hours ago, SCMike said:

Congrats! What did you end up with?  I don’t think I saw any post from you about ordering a new boat. Pics pics pics! 

We ordered a new T22.  We are picking up this weekend. Will definitely post pics once it's home. 

• Like 3