Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dialing in ballast on 2013 23lsv

Jpmyers

Just picked up a 2013 23lsv last week now trying to dial in the ballast. Boat has plug and play with 600s in back other than that it' factory. Surf setting had no weight in front and wedge all the way down and bow of the boat was straight in the air. After fooling with it a little while adjusting settings filling front ballast still way in the air nice surf but not as long of a wave as I would hope. What is everyone running? Where to go from here?

We have 2013 23LSV.  I run all factory full, rear 750s in each lock when regular (port side) surfing, port side 750 full, starboard about 75% and 1000 lb bow triangle bag about 80%. Throws a great wave with wedge 2 click# up if only 3 people anD 1 click up if 5 people and all the way down if more than 5.  I have the 350 monsoon and run 2419 prop. If goofy side, I reverse the rear with 100% on starboard side and 80% on port and 100% in bow. Hope this helps! All the best and have a great boating season. 

Edited by BlackBluMalibu

Seems like I need more weight. May look into trading my 600 sumos for some 750 or 900 then add more in the front. Been looking into lead wake bags. 

I have 100 lbs of lead under the port rear corner seat to off set the torque of the prop and 150 lbs under the observer seat, but the rest of the weight is in the bags and factory ballast.  For every 60 lbs you put in the rear lockers, you need to put 40 lbs in the bow except when the goofy/starboard, you need 50/50 bow to rear as that is the torque side of the prop.  

Edited by BlackBluMalibu

Ok awesome definitely going to look into the lead wake bags they seem to be best quality and liked. Iv'e been looking everywhere cant seem to find the exact weight of the factory hard tanks I do have the bow tank option. Only thing I can find is that it is 1350 lbs not sure how its layed out. If you or anyone knows?