Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop specs.

onewake09

Would there be a noticeable difference in a .075 cup verse is .105 cup prop? Both are 15x12 props. The .075 is the 2419 and the 2315 is the .105. Both are listed as high torque. Thoughts? 

i don't know wakeboard props but the .075 will turn higher RPM vs the .105 prop.    Your best bet it to call ACME with the rpm info from your current prop and they can tell you which one will do what you want.     

1 hour ago, onewake09 said:

Would there be a noticeable difference in a .075 cup verse is .105 cup prop? Both are 15x12 props. The .075 is the 2419 and the 2315 is the .105. Both are listed as high torque. Thoughts? 

What boat and how do you usually ride? I have the 2419 on my mxz with the 6.0. 

2017 Axis a20. Wedge deplyed. Stock plus full pnp. Also a bow triangle. Wakemakers says the the 2419 is the high torque/heavily weighted prop for the smaller malibus, while they say the 2315 is the high torque for almost all axis boats. A guy is a selling a NIB 2419 and im wondering if it will work well for me. 

My understanding is that cup doesn't really come into play until maybe 35 mph.  At this point it adds to your pitch, a 12" acts like a 12.5".  Since they have little effect at lower speeds they allow you to run a lower pitch prop, but not lose so much top speed. 

My 2419 works well for me when heavily weighted. It would probably work well on a A22. Rpms will be a bit higher than the 2315 but I doubt you will ever have a situation where you can’t move. I only had an issue with full stock plus rear pip and wedge with no front weight. Probably would have gotten on plane, but felt like I was pushing the boat too hard to do it (wasn’t redlining but I baby my boat lol).

edit

”heavily weighted” is full plug in play with a bow bag and people ballast

Edited by hunter77ah
Defined
1 hour ago, MadMan said:

My understanding is that cup doesn't really come into play until maybe 35 mph.  At this point it adds to your pitch, a 12" acts like a 12.5".  Since they have little effect at lower speeds they allow you to run a lower pitch prop, but not lose so much top speed. 

Not true......ish. Cup comes into effect at pretty much all RPMs, just has more effect at higher RPMs. I used to run a 1235 (14.5x14.25 with .105 cup) and then upgraded to a 1273 (14.5x14.25 with .150 cup). At 24mph, the 1273 brought the RPMs down about 125-150. Dropped fuel consumption a bit too, which was my goal. 

40 minutes ago, gorilla said:

Not true......ish. Cup comes into effect at pretty much all RPMs, just has more effect at higher RPMs. I used to run a 1235 (14.5x14.25 with .105 cup) and then upgraded to a 1273 (14.5x14.25 with .150 cup). At 24mph, the 1273 brought the RPMs down about 125-150. Dropped fuel consumption a bit too, which was my goal. 

I'm not a prop expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.  Actually, my info came from the "Propeller Handbook" by Dave Gerr, he could be wrong though.  I do recommend the book, its got more info and equations than you could ever need...

I just found my pics of prop speeds and RPMs. The cup only brought it down by about 75RPM at 24mph. I was thinking of the 150RPM increase when I went from the 1273 to a 1615 prop. But, even with that being said, cup will affect our cruising RPM a bit. Supposedly, cup can help with cavitation too, but I never experienced any with the 1235 prop.