Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's my 2013 VLX worth?

Web

Putting my Bu on the market and not sure how to price. Here is what I have.

2013 VLX, 260 hrs, upgraded prop, surf gate, 4 ballast tanks plus pnp sacs, GPS speed control, 3 RF amps, 6 cabin and 4 tower speakers, sub, wet sounds EQ, tower lights, under water transom lights, power wedge.  Upgraded two tone trailer with automotive wheels and tires.  Trailer less than 1,000 miles.  Overall condition is good with no scratches, stains, tears, etc.

I see a lot of what I feel, high list prices on boattrader and only onboards.

What's a fair asking price and selling price 

.post-263-0-09671700-1371050317_thumb.jpg

Your patience and confidence set that number versus eagerness and lack of patience on part of the buyer

now if your liquidating that’s another matter

so do you want your smaller money now from the shrewd eager and early buyer ready to break ice or do you let that season really start and some desperate guy who lost 3 or 4 deals to the faster shrewd guy wanting not to lose any more season time comes along see your  now even cleaner boat that you are already using again and considering keeping fit one more season attitude towards desperate guys overtures for a price cut

1st boat I ever sold $1500 price that motor alone was worth more than , offer for 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300,  raises the price to 2500, sold in 1 day

whats that number that makes you feel like your depreciation loss hit from all in initial price including early initial mods(i.e.your total cash price) was less money than your fun was worth, that number is a profitable sale 

Edited by granddaddy55

Pricing can vary by location. Based on what is on OIB, somewhere in the 60s. If you think others are priced high, price under them for a quick sell if that’s what you are looking for. Seems like most are listed between 67-70.