Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 T22 surf set up

JotsT22

Does anyone have their surf wave really dialed in yet? I'm curious as to power wedge position and position of sacks.

I have the power wedge, the stock tanks, 2 1100lb plug and play sacks in the rear the 655lb plug and play bow sac and a 950 bow bag to work with.

Same boat, only 8 hrs on her now so only running factory ballast, but I don't see much difference in wedge positions.  I'm hoping this improves once I can fill sacs.

2 hours ago, NJ2018T22 said:

Same boat, only 8 hrs on her now so only running factory ballast, but I don't see much difference in wedge positions.  I'm hoping this improves once I can fill sacs.

Adding ballast and filling sacs has same effect. Should refrain during break in....

1100 in the PNP rears? Wow! That's a lot of weight! If you do all that you will need extra bow, for sure! 

I'm finding you don't need all the weight. Try filling the rear PNP about half without any extra bow. I bet it will be awesome!

I had them all filled but it definitely wasn't quite right. I think I may have had to much weight in the front. I'll have to try it again when it turns back into spring here.

On 4/16/2018 at 4:01 PM, teamerickson said:

1100 in the PNP rears? Wow! That's a lot of weight! If you do all that you will need extra bow, for sure! 

I'm finding you don't need all the weight. Try filling the rear PNP about half without any extra bow. I bet it will be awesome!

Yeah!!! I tried 850 and im thinking i had about 500 in bow,, I couldnt get it too plane, I just took them back today, got the 650s.