Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsuits

jshap

Just out of curiousity, when do you folks start wearing Shorties/Fullsuit/Drysuits? Do you have a air + water temp formula you use?

I'm thinking when the air + water falls below 140 or so, I'll throw the Spring suit on....then below 125 or 130 for the fullsuit. I'm curious how you guys do it.

Just out of curiousity, when do you folks start wearing Shorties/Fullsuit/Drysuits? Do you have a air + water temp formula you use?

I'm thinking when the air + water falls below 140 or so, I'll throw the Spring suit on....then below 125 or 130 for the fullsuit. I'm curious how you guys do it.

I hope those are celsius #'s cause last time I checked IL never got up to 140* Ferinheight.. Tongue.gif

Usually we barefooters wear them before going into the water... although nothing cleans a colon as well as doing a flying deep while wearing just a speedo... I did that once... I lost my Speedo, but I am sure it is stil somewhere up my a$$...Crazy.gif

Seriously, I always wear a barefoot suit and a BI drysuit in april and october, before or after that the water is frozen here.

Edited by 1FootDan

I'm with Dan....I'm not aware of any reason to not wear one, unless you have a drysuit over your flo-mo vest and padded shorts. So I guess the true answer would be we start wearing them after 3-4 years old.

Peter. :)

I put mine on last night. I'll wear it until its too cold and then switch to my drysuit. (62 degree water yesterday and its only going one way from now on)

Cry.gif

It's still in the 80's & 90's here... Biggrin.gif ...our lake is also still pretty warm. Early mornings require the neo-longsleeve top. Once it's too cold for the chillskin (November) I switch right to the drysuit. Then when the water warms back up to the low 60's (usually March, sometimes early April) it's back to the chillskin. From now until November is the best skiing of the year. Yahoo.gif No drysuit, No wallies. Yahoo.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu