Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 RAM 1500

bamabonners

Im starting to get some rust on the lower pinch seams, but after 9 years, 170k miles, washing it about twice a year and leaving it in the driveway 365 days a year that seems fine 😁  I feel like I got my 34k out of it a while back. 

Edited by oldjeep
6 hours ago, inlandlaker said:

You make some good points @85 Barefoot.  I don’t think that all are bad and many are good. I, as @Badger and @ahopkinsTXi, have worked in and with the Detroit 3 nearly our entire lives and speak from our experiences, and with some bias, about our opinions.  I too have had friends with nothing but fantastic experiences with Ram but have also known more who have issues than not.  Then seeing things from the inside on many different levels, opinions are developed.  

That being said, the same is true with all the Detroit 3.  Ford is notorious for terrible launches.  One of the worst being the 2004 F150, and this is coming from a Ford truck fanboy.  GM has had their own issues as well. The reality is that each of our collective experiences develop a certain brand loyalty, much like we have with our water toys.

No doubt....and I appreciate what you're saying.  I guess I was just drawing distinction between FCA is a poorly run company with bad product launches, with whether that really matters to customers or not.

7 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Jeep, you clearly bought the wrong truck.  That would have never happened to the longest lasting, most reliable, Toyota.  O wait:

http://autoweek.com/article/recalls/toyota-will-settle-truck-frame-rust-suit-suit-34-billion

Ironically I just got a recall notice in the mail yesterday regarding rusting fuel tank straps ;)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 85 Barefoot said:

jeep, do tell (by tell I mean post pictures and explain)

There is a post in the latest purchase thread, but here it is.  The old one just sold yesterday

I went over to the dealer to buy a 2019, but a 2018 for 35K on a 50K sticker was too good to pass up.

Crew cab Bighorn 4wd Hemi , 6ft 4 bed 3.92 gears, limited slip, and a bunch of other stuff in the color I wanted.  Had everything I wanted but the towing mirrors - just ordered a set of those.

Have a diamondback SE tonneau coming and some weathertech floor liners.  Can't stand the Ram rubber mats

Not a huge fan of the white letter tires, but maybe before winter I'll put some better tires on it.

IMAG0236[1].jpg

WindowStickerPDF.pdf

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 2
29 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

You sold your old truck for five thousand dollars?

Yup.  Seems to be the going rate for a 9 year old 2wd truck with 173k miles, bunch of dents and some rust.  You can buy a shiny rust free 2009 with 4wd arou rd here for 8k.  You could buy a brand new 2018 equivalent of my 09 for about 25k

Edited by oldjeep
4 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

If you don’t like the white writing swap them around on the rims so it’s on the inside. They do it like that for a reason. 

Yeah, im aware of that.  If they weren't crappy tires I'd consider that.  But no point paying for remount/rebalance on tires that will get replaced quickly. 

7 hours ago, IXFE said:

I watched this video over the weekend.  Good, unbiased comparison.

I would agree that it seemed pretty unbiased.  You will never keep everyone happy, but it seems to me that there are some features more important than others, and this did not have a "weighted" point system.

The narrator was terrible.......

10 hours ago, RyanB said:

I would agree that it seemed pretty unbiased.  You will never keep everyone happy, but it seems to me that there are some features more important than others, and this did not have a "weighted" point system.

The narrator was terrible.......

Agreed... maybe he was so boring that’s what made it feel “unbiased.”  :Doh:

@oldjeep, I have no idea what you’re talking about. 

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting, the 4th gen ram will continue as the 2019 ram classic for a bit.  Article is a tad off as the 4th gen started in 09 not 10.

http://autoweek.com/article/trucks/ram-1500-classic-be-offered-alongside-new-ram-1500-through-2018

According to this article it is due to production issues with the 2019

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/2019-dodge-ram-1500-classic-truck-production-2018/

Edited by oldjeep

I know a lot of people are wait and see type with a new model. Maybe it is also aimed to keep some of those buyers. 

If I’m buying a new truck, I want the new model. Worked fine for me with my 03.