Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LCR 320 Oil Specs

This may already be answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I have an 07 v-Ride with an LCR 320 in it. How much oil does this take? And what is everyone using for oil?

Also, should I pump the oil out of the dip stick or is there an easily accessible drain plug somewhere? I've read some of these boats have them, others don't, but even on ones that do some people have issues using them and prefer to pump out of the dip stick? 

Thanks 

The motor should take 5.5 quarts of oil with a filter change.  The actual amount of oil needed will depend on how much you get sucked out, which can vary slightly.  Use any major brand oil (valvoline, shell rotella/triple, or whatever) 15w40 API rated SJ or above (most oils are API rated SN these days).  There should be an oil drain hose from the bottom of the pan with a brass cap and a hanger ring on the engine that you can suck the oil out of with a pump (hand pump, vacuum pump, etc...) using a small piece of hose to fit between the drain hose and the pump you are using.  Start by refilling the motor with 4 quarts of oil, then add as needed to reach the correct level on the dipstick.  Run the motor on a flush for a few minutes, shut it down for 15 minutes or more, then add oil as needed again to get to the proper level.  The most accurate oil level check should be done with the boat floating in the water.  Hope this helps.

Yep, I did have the oil drain hose and was able to run it out of the drain plug into a jug. So much easier than pumping the oil out of the dip stick tube with a hand pump like I did on my 92 Sunsetter. Ended up using the Shell Rotella 15W-40. Thanks guys!

Rotella is fine. 

FWIW, you should probably never pump oil out of the dipstick channel (although it doesn't happen often, over the years, there have been multiple reports that the tube became stuck and sheared off on removal).

It is much easier to pump the oil out of the oil pan drain.  With a warm engine, it takes me probably 5 minutes.

With the way I used to do it, the tube would actually go over the dipstick tube creating a suction to suck the oil out... always seemed to get the majority of the oil out this way. Either way, I won't have to do this anymore with the vRide as I have the drain hose.

1 hour ago, Cam12 said:

With the way I used to do it, the tube would actually go over the dipstick tube creating a suction to suck the oil out... always seemed to get the majority of the oil out this way. Either way, I won't have to do this anymore with the vRide as I have the drain hose.

Yep, those Mercury Bluewater dipstick tubes were plumbed into the oil pan's drain plug so you could suck the oil out through the tube.  Indmar doesn't do this.