Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extension for Illusion Bimini

kb3

I have a Metcraft bimini on the boat and my dealer says that there is not an extension available for it. I know others have purchased an extension for their Illusion biminis....can someone point me in the right direction.

Ken

Your dealer needs to look again. It's about $300 as I recall.

Thanks Tracie...I called them on it and now they say they thought I had a TowerBimini top. It is a Metcraft top....but now the quote went from a guess of $300 a week ago to a number of $395 today. Has anyone else bought one recently and if so...what price?

I haven't purchased one, but the quote that I got about a year ago was $280 IIRC. It could be that the 247 extension is different & covers more area, I don't know. It would make a ton of sense on that boat though, the standard bimini doesn't cover much area in the Limo. :lol:

I haven't purchased one, but the quote that I got about a year ago was $280 IIRC. It could be that the 247 extension is different & covers more area, I don't know. It would make a ton of sense on that boat though, the standard bimini doesn't cover much area in the Limo. :lol:

It is almost a necessity in the hot summer months here. I figured the extension would cover a few more people and still be out of the way. I didn't give much thought to it being a different extension due to the boat, I know my bimini is wider than the rest of the Malibu line.

Got mine 6 months ago and it cost around $320.00 with two colors to match the bimini and shipping. Got it throught my dealer and it took around 6 weeks to get to me. It is very nice but mine has already started to rip a little on the stitching. Once you have the extension installed the bimni is even tighter than it was without the extension and it is alot of stress on those stiches. the rip has not gotten bigger bit it is a pinhole size rip. All in all I love mine because the wife loves it. She's happy, we are all happy, and I have alot of young kids around. I take mine off when it is just the guys going wakeboarding and surfing all day because on the v-ride it hangs over the sunpad about 3 inches. If you are in and out alot you can have a few bruised noggins at the end of the day.

I got mine from Boat Country in Escalon, CA. $300 if I recall. DO a search on Illusion and Bimini and you'll find pictures I posted so you can see the coverage difference. We've had ours for 18 months and it is fantastic--the best option we got next to the Hammerhead.

Got mine 6 months ago and it cost around $320.00 with two colors to match the bimini and shipping. Got it throught my dealer and it took around 6 weeks to get to me. It is very nice but mine has already started to rip a little on the stitching. Once you have the extension installed the bimni is even tighter than it was without the extension and it is alot of stress on those stiches. the rip has not gotten bigger bit it is a pinhole size rip. All in all I love mine because the wife loves it. She's happy, we are all happy, and I have alot of young kids around. I take mine off when it is just the guys going wakeboarding and surfing all day because on the v-ride it hangs over the sunpad about 3 inches. If you are in and out alot you can have a few bruised noggins at the end of the day.

It sounds like there has been a dramatic price increase, or someone made a mistake quoting me the price. I am not worried in the least about hitting my head on the extension on the 247 Surprised.gif ....plus I am short!

I got mine from Boat Country in Escalon, CA. $300 if I recall. DO a search on Illusion and Bimini and you'll find pictures I posted so you can see the coverage difference. We've had ours for 18 months and it is fantastic--the best option we got next to the Hammerhead.

Boat Country is who I deal with.....will have to check with them again.

I assume the bimini will not fold up with the extension????? so is it easy to remove when it is time to take the bimini down?

It sounds like there has been a dramatic price increase, or someone made a mistake quoting me the price. I am not worried in the least about hitting my head on the extension on the 247 Surprised.gif ....plus I am short!

Uh, I don't think that's going to be a problem on that boat. :lol:

no you wont have any problem with hitting your noggin with a 247. Wish I had that much room! I always leave my top up so I really dont know about it folding up like the normal one. It is fairly easy to remove and reinstall but I would not want to do it all the time! I have some pics of mine on wakesiderides.com