Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Straight Line Arrow Sac

nautiquesonly

I'm looking for a fat sac to fit in the ski locker of my 07 nautique 230.  In looking at options, it looks like the arrow sac made for an axis by Straightline would fit best but I can't find dimensions.  I contacted Straightline and they have failed to get back to me to provide the dimensions.

I'm assuming several on here have that bag.  Could someone please provide the dimensions to me?

thanks for the help,

Jeremy

Thanks for the reply.  My locker is actually arrow shaped and goes up under the bow storage area so was hoping to maximize that space with the arrow sac (plus, it'd push even more weight up front).

I’ll post s pic with a measure stick, have a spare in attic, it’s about 5.5 to 6 foot long , 14-16 inches diameter in arrow shaft full for about 2.5-2.75 feet and about 4.5 feet at base of arrow, arcing to tip, it can easily be 18+ inches thick when not restricted

Overall length seam to seam is 6’4”. Length to base of mushroom 36”. 40” to tip from there. 

Width at widest part of base of arrow shaft 14”, it’s rounded at end so at absolute end it’s 9”

height of arrow shaft and entire bag 8.5-9”

45” at widest part of arrow tip, start of corner 40-42”

20 inches from tip of Arrow at filler bleader valve it’s still 38” wide

this thing can get very big if it has the space and will hold every drop of 950lbs

when we forget to turn off pump , it will start splitting our windshield apart pressing the top shell apart against the gelcoat walls above the locker in the walkway  because it’s open top of locker where seat cushions rest so it allows it to poke out of top opening and pushing sides apart

it does just fine more properly inflated with slack if you have small locker dimensions, it gets much bigger than dimensions cause it greatly expands when over filled 

if your going to plumb it then the only critical space is the walkway part where all drain , fill and vent are for automated feeds, the mushroom head will fill whatever space you give it. It perfectly fills my locker even to the way it wraps around corner to mushroom opening from the end of shaft , when it does that well whatever happens forward of that doesn’t matter if it’s plumbed,

you going to plumb or manual pump?  I have some good ideas on all three drain fill vent feeds and connections

got Malibu/dealer to pay for the mod vs how they intended it and that restricted the bag fill snd operation, corrected my own flaws from my part of pnp install later

oops forgot this, if you don’t have top of bag access to bleader valve, it’s hard to bleed air, but not really A problem I guess if vented through plumbing but since we have opening in bow covered by cushion we get the air there snd can bleed it from there pressing on shaft and moving more air forward to get all of it forward and out .  The top of bag vent line does not bleed it well. 

Msybe you have room for s kinetic dripless vent instead of a plumb.  If you use a reversible pump to fill and drain from bottom rear drain port, you could not plumb ine of other two openings and use 1 dripless vent on one of top two shaft ports and a plumbed over side vent on the other ,

I think I have seen some short short brass with black plastic heads recently in my feeds cause I post about the other plastic kinetic vents I use

Edited by granddaddy55

Try a Google search for it and then look at the image search results.  Usually you can find a picture of the box that has the measurements.  It's worked for me in the past

On 4/11/2018 at 7:09 AM, granddaddy55 said:

Overall length seam to seam is 6’4”. Length to base of mushroom 36”. 40” to tip from there. 

Width at widest part of base of arrow shaft 14”, it’s rounded at end so at absolute end it’s 9”

height of arrow shaft and entire bag 8.5-9”

45” at widest part of arrow tip, start of corner 40-42”

20 inches from tip of Arrow at filler bleader valve it’s still 38” wide

this thing can get very big if it has the space and will hold every drop of 950lbs

when we forget to turn off pump , it will start splitting our windshield apart pressing the top shell apart against the gelcoat walls above the locker in the walkway  because it’s open top of locker where seat cushions rest so it allows it to poke out of top opening and pushing sides apart

it does just fine more properly inflated with slack if you have small locker dimensions, it gets much bigger than dimensions cause it greatly expands when over filled 

if your going to plumb it then the only critical space is the walkway part where all drain , fill and vent are for automated feeds, the mushroom head will fill whatever space you give it. It perfectly fills my locker even to the way it wraps around corner to mushroom opening from the end of shaft , when it does that well whatever happens forward of that doesn’t matter if it’s plumbed,

you going to plumb or manual pump?  I have some good ideas on all three drain fill vent feeds and connections

got Malibu/dealer to pay for the mod vs how they intended it and that restricted the bag fill snd operation, corrected my own flaws from my part of pnp install later

oops forgot this, if you don’t have top of bag access to bleader valve, it’s hard to bleed air, but not really A problem I guess if vented through plumbing but since we have opening in bow covered by cushion we get the air there snd can bleed it from there pressing on shaft and moving more air forward to get all of it forward and out .  The top of bag vent line does not bleed it well. 

Msybe you have room for s kinetic dripless vent instead of a plumb.  If you use a reversible pump to fill and drain from bottom rear drain port, you could not plumb ine of other two openings and use 1 dripless vent on one of top two shaft ports and a plumbed over side vent on the other ,

I think I have seen some short short brass with black plastic heads recently in my feeds cause I post about the other plastic kinetic vents I use

Hey man, thank you so much for this.  I looked everywhere for the dimensions and even contacted Straightline and they could not give them to me.  It looks like it would almost fit, but not quite so I'm going to go with a little smaller bag I think.  The plan is to plumb it in.  I'm either going to piggy back or reconfigure the two additional pumps that I have.  Again, I really appreciate all the information.

Jeremy

1 minute ago, nautiquesonly said:

Hey man, thank you so much for this.  I looked everywhere for the dimensions and even contacted Straightline and they could not give them to me.  It looks like it would almost fit, but not quite so I'm going to go with a little smaller bag I think.  The plan is to plumb it in.  I'm either going to piggy back or reconfigure the two additional pumps that I have.  Again, I really appreciate all the information.

Jeremy

If it fits the stem , i.e. it lays out flat and runs up the sides empty, it doesn’t matter if it’s too big as long as you can burp it on stem with dripless vent or plumbed or can reach the fill drain on mushroom head to burp