Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone running GSA on a 06' VLX?

Dale974

Got a 06' vlx that i'm considering putting on an upgraded surf system and have been looking into a GSA.  Got templates from gsa and they want the tabs 4 inches in from the outside of the boat, but according to the template, 4 inches puts the actuator mount right on the swim platform mounts.  So i was wondering if anyone has put a system on one of these boats, if you had any pics and opinions if it was worth the cash to upgrade.   Thoughts or suggestions?  thanks

I'm not familiar with the wake logic...    I'm not too worried about making gates, but i'm not very up on the animating and controls other than to just run two reverse polarity switches to run the actuators manually...   

I have GSA. You could easily move the actuators over a bit, you would just have to change the actuator bracket mount location on the GSA tab.... drill a few holes. I'm more than happy with my GSA on my 247, it's a bit expensive, but makes a great wave.  Check out Wakegarage.com for some more info on building your own system.

Wake logic is around 1k -1500 plus the cost of your hardware which would be around 500 

i designed an arduino based controller that will cost you around 100 which you could use in lieu of wake logic to make this cost around 600 to DIY.  

Send a PM to @martinarcher.  Or if you're good with electrictronics DIY as @jhartt3 suggests.  Personally I like the ready to go and stock like Wake Logic and am still saving thousands.

Thanks for the info.  I ended up getting a hold of Matt and have wake logic system coming for DIY gates.  I do like the idea of the system set up ready to go with the wireless included to just hook into my gates.  Now the plan is to make up some HDPE gates to run while i spend some time to hopefully make a gel coat gate similar to macdaddy or rugger.   probably won't get quite as fancy as rugger (don't get me wrong, i'd love too, but if i can be even close to Macdaddy's i'll be happy)

8 hours ago, Dale974 said:

Thanks for the info.  I ended up getting a hold of Matt and have wake logic system coming for DIY gates.  I do like the idea of the system set up ready to go with the wireless included to just hook into my gates.  Now the plan is to make up some HDPE gates to run while i spend some time to hopefully make a gel coat gate similar to macdaddy or rugger.   probably won't get quite as fancy as rugger (don't get me wrong, i'd love too, but if i can be even close to Macdaddy's i'll be happy)

Good luck , he admitted a $1500-2000 bill fir that painted green gelcoat fiberglass work at a professional shop, hope you have mad skills