Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 23LSV full re-upholstery needed

SmoothCriminal

Anybody have a video, instructions or even warnings on how to remove all seat backs and side panels in 2008 23LSV for re-upholstery?  

My warning is to wear gloves and go slow. I have been through every square inch on my ‘10 and there are fiberglass splinters everywhere behind the gunnels where the through bolts and screws are run through. Pretty much all of mine were accessible coming in under the gunnels and iirc the nuts were all 3/8”-10mm with big flat washers. What wasn’t originally secured with nyloc nuts was swapped out on reassembly. There were some gnarly screws sticking through the bottom rear seat frames and those aluminum frames were kind of jagged so I cleaned all of that up to keep from shredding myself or my ballast bags. The observers side seat pad I had to get into the observers compartment to reach one of those nut as I recall. You should find your other HIN plate behind that cushion. Not on my boat, but I have seen a few older boats that have the screw run in between cushion seperation to hide the screws. My buddies 09 is a near duplicate of mine so I imagine your 08 will be the same. I remember there are 2 ugly ones in the bow behind the front intake screens on my 10 that can only be accessed by removing my front intake screens. Another chore to get those off if so equipped. Good luck. Bill

Edited by wdr
Sp

Thanks for that Bill! Why couldn't they have just used drop-clips like auto manufacturers and secure the bottom edges where there is more room.  I may try to retrofit on re-install for the next 10 year color change!  Any other thoughts out there?

2 hours ago, SmoothCriminal said:

Thanks for that Bill! Why couldn't they have just used drop-clips like auto manufacturers and secure the bottom edges where there is more room.  I may try to retrofit on re-install for the next 10 year color change!  Any other thoughts out there?

Taking photos, putting hardware in zip lock bags and labeling them for each piece removed will save you time when you put it back together. Also, at least on mine older vintage boat some pieces had to come out before the others would come out which means they go back first.