Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MC has a pooper! X26

The Hulk

X26 has a toilet! Looks interesting, big boat, anyone surf this beast yet? 

The 25lsv is getting cramped with 3 kids now.. 

Is there by chance a diaper changing station upgrade option ? 

Malibu better step it up with a yacht certified 27lsv real quick. 

The new news is old news.

X26 has a beast of a surf wave, but the whole rest of the boat is designed to be a day cruiser (hence the pooper). Too much wasted space. Your 25LSV would probably be less cramped than a X26 with 10 peeps on board.

Edited by TenTwentyOne
6 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

The new news is old news.

X26 has a beast of a surf wave, but the whole rest of the boat is designed to be a day cruiser (hence the pooper). Too much wasted space. Your 25LSV would probably be less cramped than a X26 with 10 peeps on board.

Yeah I see the layout is similar to a 23 footer apart from the huge bow. Toilet is pretty cool though. Would be nice for thise long Sandbar days.. although cleaning it out... Not fun.. 

38 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Yeah I see the layout is similar to a 23 footer apart from the huge bow. Toilet is pretty cool though. Would be nice for thise long Sandbar days.. although cleaning it out... Not fun.. 

http://www.komocovers.com/bimini-privacy-room-30-x30-x69-grey.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI44Cgwv2n2gIV3LjACh3qGwMIEAQYBSABEgKzOvD_BwE

Here, this should save you 150k or so

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

How is a 25LSV getting cramped with three kids?  Either your bringing wayyy too much stuff onboard or you should start looking for an old X80.  

3 separate baby cribs takes a lot of room! .. ha jkjk.. don't u know toddlers take up 10x more room than a sitting adult. 

9 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

You just need a big cobalt.   R7 WSS should check your boxes.   Surfs surprisingly well, cruises at 50, has a sink and pooper.... 

Waiting for them to perfect the ballast situation.. very intriguing though.. 

4 hours ago, DarkSide said:

You just need a big cobalt.   R7 WSS should check your boxes.   Surfs surprisingly well, cruises at 50, has a sink and pooper.... 

If I absolutely needed a sink and pooper, I’d still have to take the X26, and deal with the slower speed.

i know cobalts are nice, but I am awfully attached to how inboards handle under way, compared to an IO.

plus my lake isn’t deep enough to get to the marina with a forward drive. (Assuming WSS has FD)

Another note: the x26 weighs in at 6700 lbs making it the heaviest surf boat in production. As of 2017...and it only holds 2800 lbs of ballast so the gross weight is about 9500 lbs.  That is not much weight. It takes weight to make a massive wave with push.  I crawled around on one and IIRC i didnt see any provision for plug and play. M235 grosses around 12000.

@carguy79ta- Plug and play on the X26 is only available if the boat is specd with Gen2. Its 2 450lb bags and brings the ballast up to 3700lbs.

Owners are also usually pumping the freshwater tank full as well, which holds a little over 400lbs, and is centered in the boat.

with plug and play, full fuel, and the water tank full, it’s also grossing about 12k with gear and options.....

42 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

@carguy79ta- Plug and play on the X26 is only available if the boat is specd with Gen2. Its 2 450lb bags and brings the ballast up to 3700lbs.

Owners are also usually pumping the freshwater tank full as well, which holds a little over 400lbs, and is centered in the boat.

with plug and play, full fuel, and the water tank full, it’s also grossing about 12k with gear and options.....

Okay so its a heavy hitter also. Funny the guy at the boat show didnt mention that.

• Like 1

Not surprised about that........ It amazes me how little sales reps know about the products they are selling these days. Most common thing I heard every one of them say this year was “These boats are fully hand laid fiberglass though. Brand X is not”...... and then follow it up with a complete lack of technical knowledge on the product.

13 hours ago, Infinitysurf said:

Wizzing in the water is one thing....dropping logs is how people get sick. Glad I am on a different lake than you, tho I am sure it happens everywhere, just not a nice thing to think about considering how many times I crash surfing and hit the water with my mouth open, lol

Hate to burst your bubble, but kids crap in lakes all day long, all sorts of animals, livestock & so does every ones dogs.  Lakes are full of dead fish, bacteria of all sorts, most algae is toxic, potential for ecoli, there's parasites in some stagnant waters, mostly the south.  Hell humans aren't even clean after they shower.  There's trash, possible corpses & other dead animals.  Crapping in the lake is like farting in the fridge when no ones home.  Why is your mouth open when crashing?  That is one thing I've never gotten was a mouth full of water, up the nose sometimes, but never in my mouth?  

Based on this conversation I have canceled my ski trip to CO this summer.  IMHO no one should voluntarily poop in their lake, regardless of what else has pooped or died there - that's just gross - take it up on shore and dig a whole for crying out loud!