Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hitch with tongue weight gauge

Fman

Visiting a friend in Utah right now and noticed this on his F350 super duty.  It will let you know what your tongue weight is loaded up.  Thought it was a great idea, never seen one before.

20180406_131740.jpg

2 hours ago, RyanB said:

Is his accurate?  There was a post on another thread recently that said those are notoriously inaccurate.  And expensive.

Could measure that one with a bathroom scale to see if it's accurate.

He said it works good not sure if its 100% accurate.  I am not sure I would spend $300 for one because I only tow my boat.  If I towed a variety of different items I could see it being a good benefit.  Seems to get favorable reviews on amazon.  Looks like it is very well engineered and high quality.

Weigh Safe WS6-2.5 Adjustable Ball Mount with 6" drop and 2.5" Shank https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00REORNUU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_bJnYAbQCA2NPY