Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your favorite accessory not included with your boat purchase?

WhiteWaterWeb

46 minutes ago, isellacuras said:

I have orange hopping hops and i have never experience bleeding of color. I only use them in the rare event of tying up and camping/lakehouse trips where i park on a dock. For short term dock stops i use traditional fenders. 

That’s good. I would use when I visit my family in Michigan. We always do sandbar tie-ups.

2 hours ago, braindamage said:

That’s good. I would use when I visit my family in Michigan. We always do sandbar tie-ups.

They would be great for your dock too! You know, when a friends boat pulls up.

• Like 1
On 4/6/2018 at 3:39 PM, Infinitysurf said:

As far as I know, they did not re-brand, this was something brand new he did. The coupon code was "tigelove18" (no CAPS)....there was a coupon code on WW forum too, but i cannot find it right now for some reason. Think he said there was no expiration, but it was the first 25 orders using each coupon code...that was end of Feb that it worked for me. I ordered the set of 4 personally.

Thanks for the share - confirmed code is still active and takes 15% off - this makes them 104 for a set of 4 vs 96 (both shipped) for the exile.  So very similar unless you have a code for the exiles.  I'm thinking of picking one up just to compare the two side by side in person.

On 4/6/2018 at 3:49 PM, ibelonginprison said:

https://www.amazon.com/WALIKI-Teenagers-Hippity-Kangaroo-Included/dp/B00P2YHX5Y/

Bigger balls (holds your boat further away), way cheaper. 
Just an FYI 

(I keep about 6 of these on the boat, and deflated, they take up zero room)

Ok now you got me wondering, What diameter are the exiles compared to these, and why not get biggest diameter available?

16 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Ok now you got me wondering, What diameter are the exiles compared to these, and why not get biggest diameter available?

They're like 15" I think. Maybe an inch or two larger.
I have like 2-3 exile's as well.

Next weekend I'll try to fill up my 22"s and my exiles and take a picture of the difference.

If you want to be "the cool kid on the water" then you want the black ones.
Personally, idgaf - I like my boat shiny AF, and I've had a couple nicks in the gel from tying up and a screw on someone else's rub rail damaged mine... so function > form in this case, for me.

Then again, I also have aaaaaaalmost ordered these to X the eyes out like it's dead, and hang by a noose over the side when we tie up... so, maybe I'm just "that guy"
https://www.amazon.com/Farm-Hoppers-Winning-Inflatable-Bouncing/dp/B01E7ELU2Q/ 

#savethegelcoat #sacrificethebunnies

Edited by ibelonginprison
  • Like 1
On 4/6/2018 at 9:07 PM, braindamage said:

Does the color bleed? Do you use the teenager size?

Nope, had mine maybe... 3-4 years? Never bled. Faded, maybe. But it's never bled, run, had color transfer on anything etc.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, ibelonginprison said:

Next weekend I'll try to fill up my 22"s and my exiles and take a picture of the difference.

Personally, idgaf - I like my boat shiny AF, and I've had a couple nicks in the gel from tying up and a screw on someone else's rub rail damaged mine... so function > form in this case, for me.

Then again, I also have aaaaaaalmost ordered these to X the eyes out like it's dead, and hang by a noose over the side when we tie up... so, maybe I'm just "that guy"

You won't!:whistle:

On 4/5/2018 at 6:30 PM, Infinitysurf said:

I have not had exile fenders, I thought they blew up with a needle like for basketballs which would be a pain to deflate and 18" is lot of room on a boat...but just looked them up and I may be wrong there, tho cannot tell for sure. Babz is designed to blow up either with mouth...or air blower used to blow up tubes. So super fast to inflate/deflate and pretty heavy duty feeling. But I honestly do not know, they may be identical in many ways. If that is the case I would wonder why more expensive too.

You can blow both balls up with just your lung power.  I have both balls in my boat.  I bought the Exile balls first and added some more from boatballz.  The boatballz are a little thicker and stiffer.  I have not had any problems with either set of balls.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

Do people use these (exile or whatever) as there regular dock bumpers/fenders too?

I plan on using them for docking(stopping to eat, fueling up, bathroom break for the ladies). Got some bungee docking lines that should keep the boat where it needs to be. Got some quick release strap type things from Academy(super cheap) to make it easier/quicker to deploy the bumpers as well. 

4 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

ibelonginprison is so fitting hahaahaha.

On 4/5/2018 at 4:56 PM, Stevo said:

Yeah but the “little tike” big balls jokes don’t work as well

Well, my little tike balls are blue... So I'm always taking my blue balls out and putting them away

Edited by Wilbur
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

The BABz are way bigger than 15” I believe they’re over 20. Can’t remember exactly. 

Yep, he said you can blow them up to 24" if wanted!! I can say they are very thick and heavy duty feeling, more so than any other bumper I have had and seem like they will take a lot of punishment without an issue...yet they still feel pretty soft and supple (get your mind out of the gutter)

8 hours ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

Do people use these (exile or whatever) as there regular dock bumpers/fenders too?

Depends on conditions of water and how long I will be there. If its a rougher day....then yes at dock, cause they keep the boat further away from dock and give better protection (blow up and deflate super fast with pump). If i am just tying up for a few mins to launch or bathroom break....regular bumpers (which are also oversized cause I have a 24ft boat). But I use 3 of those, bow, tower and stern.....with the "bigazzballs", I only have to use 2, bow and stern.

10 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

Love it!!! 

15 hours ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

Not really. I made PVC standoffs for my slip. Keeps the boat away from the dock, SS carabiners on each end, old bumpers on the dock just in case. But there is a good gap between the boat & the bumpers so it rarely, if ever, touches.

I have some extra large Taylormade bumpers too. Like 2' long x 12" in diameter. I usually use these first, then start pulling out the Exile balls. I blow them up quite a bit larger than a basketball.

If we're camping or at a public dock, I don't use the Taylormade fenders but leave the old hippity hops on the dock.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
30 minutes ago, NMMalibuFamily said:

This thread is starting to sound like a teenage male locker room talking about how stiff everyone's balls are.  

Speaking of which, my greatest mod ever: The Dong Sack! It made a killer listed wave on my 247 with all hidden ballast. Really got me hooked on surfing.

20180411_012719.jpg.bafb70fa2d875c83efef49834a9a568e.jpg

Shameless plug: What better to go with your new balls? I changed up my ballast when I went to GSA, so its for sale... PM for details.

Edited by TimbrSS
On 4/11/2018 at 12:30 AM, TimbrSS said:

Speaking of which, my greatest mod ever: The Dong Sack! It made a killer listed wave on my 247 with all hidden ballast. Really got me hooked on surfing.

20180411_012719.jpg.bafb70fa2d875c83efef49834a9a568e.jpg

Shameless plug: What better to go with your new balls? I changed up my ballast when I went to GSA, so its for sale... PM for details.

Timbr loves him some DONG..... 

Edited by ConnollyCrew
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ConnollyCrew said:

Timbr loves him some DONG..... 

I'll have you know that I just sold my dong, and got a pretty penny for it too!

Edited by TimbrSS
  • Like 1