Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your favorite accessory not included with your boat purchase?

WhiteWaterWeb

1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

What size dockllines is everyone using? Grabed some 3/8” off amazon and they’re seem really small. 

I have 3/8" on my fenders and I will use them to tie off to the dock if there's no current and its just short term.  If I'm on the river or tying up overnight, I use my 1/2"

Ok so maybe I’ll use the 3/8” for short term use. Where I keep my boat is super sheltered but I might use my old 1/2” which I thought were 3/8” in the boat slip. They say up to 24’ boats 

15 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Ok so maybe I’ll use the 3/8” for short term use. Where I keep my boat is super sheltered but I might use my old 1/2” which I thought were 3/8” in the boat slip. They say up to 24’ boats 

Im really not concerned about the 3/8 breaking and if you tie off right, they wont slip.  They should do just fine.  I just like overkill if I have any possible risks.  My biggest concern with my 3/8 fender line is by the time I tie off the fender to my cleat and then to the dock, I have used most of the rope.  My dock lines are a little longer and have enough for that one (or more) extra loop.

I just got my swim step cover from Evolution Covers today . Cory is running a special right now....$110.00 for a custom fitted cover. I drew a template on clear plastic and mailed to him and about 2 weeks later (today), I got the cover. Fit like a glove and looks so good. Anyone looking for one should jump on this, cant beat the price IMO.

3 hours ago, Infinitysurf said:

I just got my swim step cover from Evolution Covers today . Cory is running a special right now....$110.00 for a custom fitted cover. I drew a template on clear plastic and mailed to him and about 2 weeks later (today), I got the cover. Fit like a glove and looks so good. Anyone looking for one should jump on this, cant beat the price IMO.

I ordered one for my 2018 lsv this week, he didn’t send me a template so I assume he has it already.  My 2017 VLX Platform seemed to fade a little even though I stored it inside.  Hopefully the platform covers helps with that 

Edited by SCMike

Guest tend to stuff too much stuff in the front seat storage. Hand some of the amp cords pulled out. Added a cover over the amps using some of the closet wire shelving. It clears the amps by about 1” and also allows air circulation. No more pulled cables. Been using Exile Audio balls, and for Xmas purchased more for gifts to friends so board racks don’t tangle up while tied up

ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, Infinitysurf said:

I got one for our TXi too. Should have bought one from him years ago! Just don’t forget that it’s on :) 

ahopkins22LSV
50 minutes ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

I assume you guys only use these swim step covers for trailering, correct?

I normally take off when trailering, just to prevent any potential damage. My boat sits in my driveway so it’s on there all the time to protect from weather and oak leaves staining the platform in the fall. 

2 hours ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

I assume you guys only use these swim step covers for trailering, correct?

I was planning on keeping mine on anytime my cover is on (Storage, towing, and when the boat is in front of my house) Cory @ evolution said they can be kept on during towing.  I haven’t gotten it yet, so I can’t tell if I’ll be comfortable doing that.  Last think I want is a $100 cover disappearing during a tow. 

4 hours ago, SCMike said:

I was planning on keeping mine on anytime my cover is on (Storage, towing, and when the boat is in front of my house) Cory @ evolution said they can be kept on during towing.  I haven’t gotten it yet, so I can’t tell if I’ll be comfortable doing that.  Last think I want is a $100 cover disappearing during a tow. 

I was nervous about this as well, but it fits really well, nice and tight and think it would be fine. It is only held on with the elastic style stretch around bottom, but feels pretty firm. Wish I could post pics but have not figure that out on this site yet cause I guess you gotta post a link.

4 hours ago, RCorsa said:

Is evolution still in business. I emailed them from their site and it was returned as “undeliverable” 

This is the email that Cory responded too. He responded quickly every time, we talked back n forth over a period of week and he always replied by next day, sometimes quicker.

[email protected]

On 4/18/2018 at 8:11 PM, Infinitysurf said:

Pictures?  And where'd you order any options on look?  Color me interested.

On 4/19/2018 at 12:42 PM, Infinitysurf said:

I was nervous about this as well, but it fits really well, nice and tight and think it would be fine. It is only held on with the elastic style stretch around bottom, but feels pretty firm. Wish I could post pics but have not figure that out on this site yet cause I guess you gotta post a link.

This is the email that Cory responded too. He responded quickly every time, we talked back n forth over a period of week and he always replied by next day, sometimes quicker.

[email protected]

Hmmm that’s the email I used? 

On 4/21/2018 at 4:43 PM, MustGoFast said:

Pictures?  And where'd you order any options on look?  Color me interested.

Happy to text you pics if you PM my your cell #, not able to upload pics since I don't have a site to upload pics to link to URL. I am not very techy and no option to just upload an attachment on this site like some of the others. Black is the color I got/wanted and that is the "standard" color for this cover, not sure if there were other color options or not cause I did not ask, sure there are.

He put a small "evolution covers" logo on the back corner of swimstep and I remember seeing something about you being able to add custom stuff, I just did not option any of that

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, Infinitysurf said:

Happy to text you pics if you PM my your cell #, not able to upload pics since I don't have a site to upload pics to link to URL. I am not very techy and no option to just upload an attachment on this site like some of the others. Black is the color I got/wanted and that is the "standard" color for this cover, not sure if there were other color options or not cause I did not ask, sure there are.

He put a small "evolution covers" logo on the back corner of swimstep and I remember seeing something about you being able to add custom stuff, I just did not option any of that

If you are a paying member for here you c an upload directly to this site from your phone or computer. 

Here is a picture of the platform cover Cory made me. Give his a call on the number from his website. He can walk you through the customs options. He can do a lot. 

066C2C4B-5419-474C-9C85-9838DA504D3E.thumb.jpeg.40732cd6762bc066886894c0b9e2f48e.jpeg