Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your favorite accessory not included with your boat purchase?

WhiteWaterWeb

Just curious what everyone thinks is their favorite boat accessory they did not get with their boat purchase...best after market accessory for the Malibu (cooler, prop, etc.).

Cheers.

Basics: fenders to protect the boat at the dock, wakeboard/surfboard/skis (any water toy), lifejacket.

I have custom made terry cloth seat covers so my seats don't get trashed and nobody burns themselves on vinyl that has been baking in the sun.

Wet Sounds stereo system upgrade (MC-1, 3 PR REVO6, 1 PR REV 10, SYN-DX4, SYN-DX6, TR)

Raised driver seat 4"

AO Cooler (from original Group Buy - LOVE this thing)

Homemade surfgates wired to toggles in dash

Reversible pumps for three fat sacs wired to toggles in dash

27365704388_c948987f55_z.jpgIMG_7466 by Lone Star, on Flickr

40525137284_a00db916c6_k.jpgIMG_7467 by Lone Star, on Flickr

27365705548_ee35226b73_k.jpgIMG_7468 by Lone Star, on Flickr

26366805657_6402b1e75e_k.jpgIMG_7461 by Lone Star, on Flickr

26366648017_4a48c4fc69_k.jpgIMG_7459 by Lone Star, on Flickr

39429504810_ac725fd03a_k.jpgIMG_7464 by Lone Star, on Flickr

Edited by lonestar
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, mikeo said:

Basics: fenders to protect the boat at the dock, wakeboard/surfboard/skis (any water toy), lifejacket.

I have custom made terry cloth seat covers so my seats don't get trashed and nobody burns themselves on vinyl that has been baking in the sun.

Requesting more info on the custom seat covers! 

Some of my favorite things are boards, coolers, life jackets, hats...

Awesome gang, thanks. An extended Bimini is something I am considering but pardon my ignorance but what is a GSA? Is this a surf tab system or something?

And yes, definitely doing Gatorstep or Seadek on the entry gunnels and bow. Thanks!

My favorite aftermarket purchase for my boat were two USB chargers to replace my existing 12-V adapters.  These replacement adapters were about $14.00 each and now I can charge multiple USB devices directly and without an additional 12-V to USB adapter.  

The Link below shows you the product I purchased:

MICTUNING 4.2A Dual Port USB Charger with Voltmeter 12-24V BLUE LED Digital Display Universal for Car Boat Motorcycle

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4OKBSB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

26 minutes ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

Awesome gang, thanks. An extended Bimini is something I am considering but pardon my ignorance but what is a GSA? Is this a surf tab system or something?

And yes, definitely doing Gatorstep or Seadek on the entry gunnels and bow. Thanks!

GSA is Go Surf Assist. 

http://www.wakemakers.com/go-surf-assist-aftermarket-surf-system.html

@UWSkier It came with the boat. It's listed on the order sheet. I bought the boat used, it was originally owned by Cobe Mikacick, pro Malibu rider. It is a sweet GPS cruise for sure. No slalom for me, only wakeboarding and surfing.

Edited by lonestar

There has been a lot, hard to decide a favorite....but top one may be FAE cause it was an upgrade to stereo, made boat so much quieter and also safer due to reduced CO which is important to me with family on boat.

But lead also made a big difference to length of wave by adding MORE weight in bow (along with the Nauticurl suck gate vs listed)....and I just ordered Aqua Marine Decking for gunnel entry points and for bow....and just fabricated a step in back seat which will keep people from stepping on vinyl to get onto transom walk-thru. Love the box anchor, will keep 3 big boats in place. 180 mirror made a big difference over the 100 degree one I had before. Got more stuff to do too....when I can afford it, will be adding GSA

• Like 2

Hmmm, Aqua Marine...that the same as Gatorstep, and Seadek? 

I haven’t got the boat yet (May 11) but yes the boards, cleaning products, solid trailer lock and rock guards (for towing) are just some of the accessories I am excited to get using. The drone will likely be my fav to play with though.

Keep it coming, thanks all.