Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MC-1 indash on 02

cowwboy

Tach and hour meter. But both are in the perfect pass. 
I also upgraded to stargazer this year so just updated the hours to match what my dealer pulled from the ECU with his pc. 

Once everything is finished I may go back and look into making a gauge panel out of aluminum or getting this one wrapped, painted, coated, etc. Something a bit fancier but for now it looks pretty decent. 

• Like 1

Well, been a few firsts on this upgrade. 
First time I have removed a bit of wiring with an upgrade. I used to have RCA's going from the head unit to lc1's, then to a rockford 3sixty, then to the amps. Now it's MC-1 to amps. Plus all the extra wiring that went to the head unit. 
Second, I had to turn down the gains completely on my amps and then turn the zone controls down quite a bit due to the strong un-clipped signal from the MC-1 causing the speakers to be over driven.

Even broke out a O-scope to check out the amp outputs. Guess it's time for bigger speakers??? lol 

• 2 weeks later...

This is great -  I mean really, this is the type of contribution worthy of everyone taking a look at.

How is the access to the controls?  Is it a pain being up in that area?  Especially for commonly adjusted stuff like changing the volume.

What are your feelings on the display and overall feel of this Wet Sounds unit?  You can get some pretty impressive car audio units for a lot less than this one and I'm not sure if the display, at least from the pics, is giving me a "yeah, it's worth $700" feeling. 

2 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

This is great -  I mean really, this is the type of contribution worthy of everyone taking a look at.

How is the access to the controls?  Is it a pain being up in that area?  Especially for commonly adjusted stuff like changing the volume.

What are your feelings on the display and overall feel of this Wet Sounds unit?  You can get some pretty impressive car audio units for a lot less than this one and I'm not sure if the display, at least from the pics, is giving me a "yeah, it's worth $700" feeling. 

Being 6'3 my comfortable reach may not be the same as others. But so far the volume dial, mute button, volume profiles, etc are super simple and easy to set.

I have not had a chance to take it out on the water yet but from playing with it in the garage it's nice.

It isn't the flashiest or have all the deep menu's. It does do everything that I wanted and the volume profiles are what sold me.
The menu's do everything that is needed and is easy to access and control. I actually prefer the fast easy to get to menu system. 
It would be frustrating trying to change something minor and digging through 3 or 4 screens to find the needed setting.

For years I have ran LC1's for zone control and no decks have done this. I wanted to be able to have a transom remote that had zone control. This is the only one that easily can.
The nmea2k would be awesome if I had a chart plotter or other more in depth system then a wake boat. 
I foresee newer boat touch screens having nmea2k and the stereo controls built it. 

The only thing I wish it did is having a DSP that was accessible via a laptop or phone app.  To be honest I would not want it from the screen but still have access to those features would be great.
Even if they limited access like they do with the amp DSP systems. 
It is kind of odd that WS is choosing to do it in the amps and not the source units or in a stand alone unit. 

After running a DSP I really didn't need all of it's features and removed it for now. The only thing I really liked about it is being able to adjust everything while in or around the boat instead of making an adjustment then getting out of the observer compartment.

Oh and I wish they could have integrated an A-link into it. 

The dual 3.5 mm in/out is the next best thing. I still have to test it but I believe it will allow you to be a repeater of sorts. I will be able to receive the signal on one a-link on the aux in, then pass it along via the aux out on a second a-link extended range of the tie-up. 

Around here the a-link sourced tie ups have made life so much nicer. 
They have all but eliminated the stereo wars. 

Well first trip out went great.

The mc1 ends up being right at fingers touch with my palm still on the steering wheel.20180417_193451.thumb.jpg.6f127eba3e99b6e889791fd0377761b8.jpg

I love the menu system and simplicity of it.

Still need to build the panel for the aux in and out and the USB fir my glove box. 

Anyone know of a online place to get plates engraved or etched kind of like the end plate to an amp?

I want it to have the "aux in", "aux out", and "USB" labels and precision holes so it looks nice.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Well after the first full weekend and Oklahoma's bright direct sun I have a bit more feedback on my install.

The viewing angle isn't to great when you use the flip up bolster it makes the screen hard to read.
So I may end up having to shim/shave the gauge plate to give the MC-1 a more upward angle. But beyond that the menu's and functions make driving and controlling it a breeze.