Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1987 Skier Question about Rear Seat

Hi guys. Had a quick question, and was hoping someone could help me out. I am reupholstering the seats in my skier, and unfortunately, half of the rear bench seat was completely missing when I bought it. I need to know if there is any vinyl covering the back side of the backrest. The reason I ask is I know my measurements are correct, and everything seems to fit perfectly until I get to the bottom of the backrest. There isn't enough material to wrap the vinyl around to staple it to the back. I thought maybe it was supposed to be seen to another piece of vinyl that covered the back. Any suggestions?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yHxW83aF8xn-G4hzUzZhFo8TaXPlOBGx/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by SuzieQMalibu
Picture didn't upload

Not sure if this helps but...

my 2004 rear bench dis not have the vinyl pulled all the way around to the back.  The vinyl was stapled to the bottom not the back.  The way the bench was fixed to boat would just crush the vinyl into a bracket if it was wrapped. The bottom had a gap between the vinyl and the bracket so the vinyl didnt sit on anything.