Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer Leveling jacks

racer808

I have a 30' travel trailer.  It has stabilizer scissor jacks but they specifically state "do not use for leveling".  So I am trying to find some leveling jacks to use but I keep finding the exact same scissor stabilizer jacks but sold as leveling jacks?  Starting to think I can just use the jacks on the trailer?  Or add more to supplement the existing?

How far out of level are you? I always keep the orange blocks on hand to put under the tires to get the camper as level as possible before unhooking.

3 hours ago, ndahlberg12 said:

How far out of level are you? I always keep the orange blocks on hand to put under the tires to get the camper as level as possible before unhooking.

So we're pretty level.  However since it sits at the same spot, on dirt, all summer it starts to sink & what not & I can always tell when we're not level cause the door doesn't close easily.  Readjust & all is well again but then I am using the jacks to re-level instead of "stabilize".  I'm thinking a couple more jacks may just be the answer?  

+1 for the levellers from Anderson.  Doesn’t really help your having to readjust due to sinking though?  Could always hook up to truck and pull forward or back up an inch to regain level, they really are that easy.   I also have the Andersen stabilizer and love it as well!

I’d probably look for some scrap wood (2x8, 2x10, etc) to help keep it level before I spent $160 on those orange chocks. I used a few that I glued together for years when I had a 5er. Only downside was they were bulky but if you park it long term, less of an issue.

9 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

I’d probably look for some scrap wood (2x8, 2x10, etc) to help keep it level before I spent $160 on those orange chocks. I used a few that I glued together for years when I had a 5er. Only downside was they were bulky but if you park it long term, less of an issue.

You don't need four of them, just one per axle. Therefore $80 instead of $160.

I used wood prior to purchasing these. The Anderson Levelers are much easier to use. 

Edited by Kojak

So I have something like the Anderson, I have blocks, I have lots of scrap wood.  The trailer doesn't settle enough for me to want to actually hook it up & redo it, it sags just enough that I am pretty sure the frame starts to slightly bend which is why the front door won't close.  A few clicks of the jacks fixes it right up.  My concern was putting too much tension on the jacks since they say "do not use for leveling".  I think a few more jacks will do the trick though.