Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Calibrate surfgate

Lees23

I swapped out my small touch screen and was told to calibrate surfgate, can anyone explain what this does?  The actuators made noise, then stopped then made more noise.  I let this go for a minute or so and then hit end calibration.  The gates never moved.  When I hit “service mode” both gates deploy appropriately.    

Thx

3 hours ago, Lees23 said:

I swapped out my small touch screen and was told to calibrate surfgate, can anyone explain what this does?  The actuators made noise, then stopped then made more noise.  I let this go for a minute or so and then hit end calibration.  The gates never moved.  When I hit “service mode” both gates deploy appropriately.    

Thx

You should be good to go for surfing but you will also need to set some interior features such as docking lights, seat heaters, etc if your boat is equipped with some optional features 

27 minutes ago, Dfowkes said:

You should be good to go for surfing but you will also need to set some interior features such as docking lights, seat heaters, etc if your boat is equipped with some optional features 

I did all that as well.. I am just trying to understand what is actually happening when to calibrate the SG and what is the proper technique to do it. 

1 hour ago, Lees23 said:

I did all that as well.. I am just trying to understand what is actually happening when to calibrate the SG and what is the proper technique to do it. 

You did it right. First you calibrate and then you put in service mode. This is the only way to test both gates while the boat is not moving. When in service mode if both didn’t deploy at the same time then you have a problem. 

18 hours ago, Lees23 said:

The calibration lets the ViperII know the closed end points on the actuator. That way it knows where they are in the swing. I think it also sets a torque limit for safety in case someones foot or leg gets in the way while the gates are closing.