Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Build Date Issues - Anyone with a BU contact?

MustGoFast

Posting on the bigger forum now in hopes for some help:  My T22 order got screwed up and the promised March/April build is now scheduled for mid June.  My dealer is telling me he's waiting to hear from his Rep on an attempt to shuffle the build date forward.  This has been going on for 2+ weeks and no word and no movement.  Our season here is very short and I don't want to lose half of it.

Anyone have a contact at BU I can talk to about getting a build date swap?  I know I can cancel and change dealers and probably move it up, but that would certainly burn that bridge and there's no-one else close by for after delivery service/support so I'd like to avoid that as it would likely move me back to another brand rather than the '18 T22 my wife fell in love with.

Thanks for any  help you can offer.

No one is going to over ride your dealer for a build slot by you asking for it. This happens every year when dealers don't get their build slots arranged correctly. Dealers/Malibu are hot swapping slots this time of year because they have all ordered their floor models early in the year, the boat show builds are hitting now and some dealers are trying to get slots they didn't have and trying to get slots moved up. Other dealers are wanting the same thing so you can see where the stalemate comes in. You can be sure your dealer is not the only one experiencing this problem. They will either work it out or not. Nothing anyone here can do about it. Your build slot is no more important than the next guy that's wanting one.

• Like 2

If I remember correctly the dealer guaranteed he had the slot when he bought at the boat show that was a condition of the deal.  I think that is where his frustration is coming in.  Promise made but not kept.  Now the dealer is scrambling unsuccessfully.  Then again if I had that short if s season I might not have waited to buy, but everyone wants their boat show deal which I assume is better then year end incentives 

Edited by granddaddy55
Just now, granddaddy55 said:

If I remember correctly the dealer guaranteed he had the slot when he bought at the boat showsnf that was a condition of the deal.  I think that is where his frustration is coming in.  Promise made but kept 

Then that is between him and the dealer. He was already advised to talk with his dealer first in other threads...

Lot of boats sold this year, heard on PN that they are 25 boats behind on building the G's right now and adding another mold to try to catch up....and Malibu builds more than anyone. So probably 95% dealers fault for not having something in stone that he promised, myabe at the time he thought he could make it work....maybe he is just a salesman and counted on you dealing with it. Further compounded by lots of boat sales this year so probably zero wiggle room at factory will all the dealers trying to pull the same strings. Crappy position to be in, feel for you but you wont be able to pull any strings the dealer cannot and if he does not understand how upsetting this is for you and makes some allowances for missing ride time, then not sure its a dealer I would want. (if you traded a boat, maybe he will let you use it in meantime?)

Anyway, good luck with it and hope it works out

@granddaddy55 - you are correct.  @Pnwrider - Of course I've been talking to my dealer since day 1 the reason I asked for other contacts was because I wasn't getting a straight answer rather just unclear optimism of a good outcome, but after several weeks w/ nothing beyond that I took it to the forum looking for help as my original date has come and gone and I'm pissed as hell about the new one.  I certainly wouldn't have bought this boat (maybe wouldn't have bought a boat at all this winter) if I was told July was my delivery.  I didn't need a new boat at the time and could have easily waited, but now I'm boatless and stuck waiting.

Anyway I did get a BU contact via PM that was helpful in at least giving me some straight answers.

Ronnie is right but I wouldn't want to miss half a season either. I'd be tempted to back out and pick up a used 2017 at a big discount, then try the new boat order again next year. 

Early July isn't half a season for me though.  It's just getting started. Where do you live?

• Like 3
On 3/31/2018 at 5:14 PM, MustGoFast said:

@granddaddy55 - you are correct.  @Pnwrider - Of course I've been talking to my dealer since day 1 the reason I asked for other contacts was because I wasn't getting a straight answer rather just unclear optimism of a good outcome, but after several weeks w/ nothing beyond that I took it to the forum looking for help as my original date has come and gone and I'm pissed as hell about the new one.  I certainly wouldn't have bought this boat (maybe wouldn't have bought a boat at all this winter) if I was told July was my delivery.  I didn't need a new boat at the time and could have easily waited, but now I'm boatless and stuck waiting.

Anyway I did get a BU contact via PM that was helpful in at least giving me some straight answers.

You can contact them but they won't be able to do anything with the build date.

Only way something can be done with that would be for your dealer to work with his sales rep. Even then it would be a real struggle to get anything done.

Come south and buy a nice used boat, friend just went to Tampa to pick up his used G in a private sale.  Tommy’s in FL often has demo sold as new with full 5 year warranty ,   friend got a I think 16 might have been 17(think it is) saltwater boat and Trailer with 250 hours snd SP2 already Sacd out, an  a24 for 64 after they treated him decent in his IO trade in

we can demo all day with our weather

Edited by granddaddy55
On 4/3/2018 at 4:52 PM, MustGoFast said:

FYI - A very positive resolution was reached today (date moved up a month)!  Yay New Boat!

Good to hear .. a month is HUGE.  My date got moved 4-6 weeks out..  Not sure why but it happens.  I'm not looking at June so its not a big issue but still frustrating since our water is ready now.  Don't let it spoil the fun .. enjoy!