Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nautic Laugic NL4

SkiPablo

For some reason, it surged for me. Never could figure out why. Went back to paddle wheel for surf and RPM for slalom. They will refund your money if you have issues. My last boat had Perfect Pass with RPM based slalom so I was used to any how.

love it... it works great for me  at all speeds..   and I use it with Malibu cruise control system.    not  zero off nor  perfect pass on my boat..       

I even use it to  pull  skiers through the course with it  and  they  never notice a difference.    

Following this as were considering this for our boat. We had problems with our perfect pass wakeboard pro edition at surfing speeds last summer. I talked to a company representative and he cautioned it may not solve the problem if heavily ballasted. Anyone have experience with this situation?

I don't surf on our boat but I've read about the KDW setting in Wakeboard mode - you could try this to see if it will help... below is taken from the online manual:

• Wakeboard Settings are accessed by pressing the UP key on the Main Wakeboard Screen with the > highlighted. Then press the DOWN key when WAKEBOARD is highlighted on the Mode Select Screen.
  • KdW (Pull Characteristic) - KdW can be changed using the UP or DOWN keys with it highlighted on the screen. Higher values = more aggressive control response. Factory setting is 80. (Example: Heavily loaded boats may need a higher value to maintain a steady, crisp pull. Try 100– 150). After adjustment, press MENU to proceed. (Maximum recommended setting 200).

also check out this link:  http://www.skiertoskier.com/Tech/techsupp.htm#PerfectPass Surges at Slow Speeds

Edited by SkiPablo
1 hour ago, SkiPablo said:

I don't surf on our boat but I've read about the KDW setting in Wakeboard mode - you could try this to see if it will help... below is taken from the online manual:

• Wakeboard Settings are accessed by pressing the UP key on the Main Wakeboard Screen with the > highlighted. Then press the DOWN key when WAKEBOARD is highlighted on the Mode Select Screen.
  • KdW (Pull Characteristic) - KdW can be changed using the UP or DOWN keys with it highlighted on the screen. Higher values = more aggressive control response. Factory setting is 80. (Example: Heavily loaded boats may need a higher value to maintain a steady, crisp pull. Try 100– 150). After adjustment, press MENU to proceed. (Maximum recommended setting 200).

also check out this link:  http://www.skiertoskier.com/Tech/techsupp.htm#PerfectPass Surges at Slow Speeds

Thanks for reply and insight. I will try that as I have not messed with any settings on the display.

I have their NL2 GPS system for my speedo (I have a GPS Perfect Pass Wake Edition for those duties).  So yes, I have two different GPS systems on the boat and they both work great.

I did the NL2 for a few reasons:
- The Pitot tubes get clogged all the time and stop working
- Those tubes are known to leak and take out the MDC.  This was cheap insurance
- I used the holds for the tubes for the wires on my underwater lights, so this cleaned up the back end too

The system is very easy to install.