Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First time out w/surf wave pic!

Wavemaker

First time out in new 2018 T22.  Just a quick practice run with the old wake surf board so we could compare to our old boat. My son says the wave was tons better than our old AR230HO plus nice and quiet with a surf pipe! Here's a pic for those interested in the surf wave.  Please no judging for lack of life vest, he usually wears one but water is still a little chilly and didn't want that constant cold on him :/

1stSurf.jpg

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Choiceind said:

Looks sweet! Any extra weight? looks like he can go ropeless? Have you gone wakeboard speeds with surfpipe, if so, does it effect or create a spray with it?

Yes rope less was no problem - mainly hanging on to rope with a little slack as a crutch not to fall in the cold water!  I had the ballasts full and just my wife and I in the boat.  This pic I had the PW2 stowed but later I found that position 3 worked well.  We haven't wakeboarder yet so I can't comment on the surf pipe spray just yet.

Ahh, another Yamaha to Axis convert.  I sold my 2010 AR240 last week and should have my A24 in 2-3 weeks.  The kids and I are doing the tour on 4/2 to see the boat come out of the mold.  Your wave looks awesome

1 hour ago, agarabaghi said:

post more pics with pw2 at 3 or 4!

I didn't get any pics with the pw2 in use. However there was a noticeable difference between position 2 and 3.  The engine definitely worked harder at position 3.  Didn't even try 4.  I'll do some more experimentation next time ;)

2 hours ago, Leatherneck33 said:

Ahh, another Yamaha to Axis convert.  I sold my 2010 AR240 last week and should have my A24 in 2-3 weeks.  The kids and I are doing the tour on 4/2 to see the boat come out of the mold.  Your wave looks awesome

Our AR230HO served us well, but time to move on now that we are in fresh water :)  I did the tour about a month ago and watching them pop a boat out of the mold was the best part!! 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Wavemaker said:

Our AR230HO served us well, but time to move on now that we are in fresh water :)  I did the tour about a month ago and watching them pop a boat out of the mold was the best part!! 

I agree, the Yamaha was a great boat for the age of my kids, you can't beat having a portapotty onboard with little ones around.  But it was time to upgrade for their wakeboarding and the parents surfing.  

1 hour ago, wakebrdr94 said:

I guess it’s better to not wear a vest than it is to be too cold.

carry on...

I knew there'd be someone who couldn't resist.  I even said please :)

7 hours ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

Would love to see new 21 VLX owners post pictures of their first 'out of the box' wave like this too; we get ours May 11th. Thanks for sharing.

PM me your email address and I’ll send you a video. 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, Leatherneck33 said:

Hey!  212x to 21VLX convert here.  Pick the new boat up in 2 weeks.  Cant wait.

• Like 2

Yeah I also went from a Yamaha 212x to an Axis A22 and just got our new 22 VLX 10 hours on her and here is today with the dry suit on.  I have the factory tanks full and the 755 plug and plays pretty full.  The wave had good height and lots of push.

G0020035.JPG

G0020040.JPG

G0020043.JPG