Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rubber separators / spacers for wake tower

CantSleepClownWilEatME

So I took the mounts off my 2002 wakesetter VLX to have them re-chromed. The rubber separators (gaskets?) are in need of replacement. I've looked around online and haven't had any luck with a proper size and thickness replacement. I bought a sheet of rubber and attempted to make some myself, but my sloppy work trying to cut the right rounded corner shape isn't going to "cut it". (see what I did there?)

Any tips or advice on where to buy rubber pads or at least how to cut clean rounded corners to make my own would be very appreciated!

Pics of the tower feet would help if you have any.  Is it not as simple as tracing the perimeter of the feet and cutting it out adding 1/8" or so all around?  I believe I did this years ago on my last boat and used hydroturf since it would stick to the deck and not curl up when the feet are torqued down.

There are two rubber pad sizes: 3" x 3" and 2" x  3". I'm changing them out from 1/16" thickness to 1/8". 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zbdZAg-oGuNmW8XIbKKb0TOStUiDExnu

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19vuGFk8EYl3sub0mh5aaDUBdsibRfY5b

Ndawg, when you cut yours what sort of cutting tool did you use? Any tips for clean cuts? I tried a few different ways of cutting the rubber sheet, but I had no luck with straight clean cuts, especially on the rounded corners.