Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23 LSV vs 22 VLX

Koop

Are you positive the 23LSV will fit in your garage?  Just would hate for you to buy it and find out afterwards it won’t fit.  These beasts always seem to be larger than expected   

Also, you mentioned it isn’t a fancy gadgets thing but just space. What about Axis? T23 may be too big for your garage though if the LSV is tight.  

Also, used VLX is probably not too far off from new T22.  Space is nice, but new with 5 year warranty, PW2, SG in a new T22 is pretty nice too.  

Can’t go Axis.... right or wrong... can’t get past the dash!  I know they throw good wakes but the tower/dash combo is something that I just can’t do, not a fan of the look.  Prices/boats available is a way different game up here.  ‘17 T22 is more than the ‘15 VLX with 91hrs.

Edited by Koop

I’ve been looking,  prices are a bit better but then the border Hassel... don’t think it’s worth it? Haven’t found anything good enough to entertain the idea.

Mrs.  wants to know which will be better in rough water?  Lake we use primarily, can get ugly at times.... real quick.  Am I correct in thinking the extra 14” of extra length in the LSV will be a wash with the VLX being a little deeper?  I know both will still be better than our VTX.

53 minutes ago, Koop said:

Mrs.  wants to know which will be better in rough water?  Lake we use primarily, can get ugly at times.... real quick.  Am I correct in thinking the extra 14” of extra length in the LSV will be a wash with the VLX being a little deeper?  I know both will still be better than our VTX.

Pretty similar, the LSV will probably be a little smoother in chop and drier. 

3 hours ago, Lees23 said:

Pretty similar, the LSV will probably be a little smoother in chop and drier. 

He's talking a 2012 LSV, before the deeper hulls came along, just to make sure everyone is aware.   I'm not sure how to compare those.   I think you are right in both may be similar, but the deeper VLX may have the edge.   I've been in both hulls, but can't say I have compared them in the chop.