Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hey SE Wisconsin- When is your first run of the season??

mtnbkr738

Keeping your head warm is the hardest part, followed by hands, at least at higher slalom speeds.  If your head gets dunked into that, it's like the worst case of outside-in brainfreeze ever.

16 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Keeping your head warm is the hardest part, followed by hands, at least at higher slalom speeds.  If your head gets dunked into that, it's like the worst case of outside-in brainfreeze ever.

I use a full neoprene hood when air is under 45; I also have a neoprene snow machine face mask I have put over that for New Years Day skis! Also available are rubber cold weather water proof gloves with an under liner - these work great and are surprisingly durable and still able to get decent handle grip. For me the limiting factor is when my feet turn blue - we use a cooler full of hot water to stand in after a set, and top it off from the shower. Turning bindings upside down in the cooler before is also helpful.  And despite that, I chickened out this morning cuz it was 38 out :cry:

Edited by Rednucleus

I am getting bummed!  18 degrees last night and the ice is groaning so loud its not even funny. This is looking like a late start to the season. We are on a man made lake and the temp needs to hit 39 before the water starts to come up to summer holding levels. We need more much more global warming in my part of the globe!  I did mount my new bindings the stick is ready. The swim platform is set to go.