Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hey SE Wisconsin- When is your first run of the season??

mtnbkr738

Hope they have better weather than Minnesota does... I'm here for business and currently see lots of ice with 3-6 inches of snow coming this weekend...

9 minutes ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Hope they have better weather than Minnesota does... I'm here for business and currently see lots of ice with 3-6 inches of snow coming this weekend...

hush with that profanity! I dont see getting out in april at all in the Minneapolis area

• Like 2

We were out in Feb/March last year so I'm sure we'll hit April this year.  Had river plans for last Sunday that fell through.  I'm moving right now though so its tough to free up time.  Thankfully, I'll be about a block from the launch to Nagawicka once this is all done.

I was watching TV and working on some photos and could hear the Ice expanding. Ya expanding that is not what should be going on this time of year. Our nights have been in the 20's when its a warm night! I saw 14 last week hi teens low 20's at night have  been the norm for the last two weeks.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Sixball said:

I was watching TV and working on some photos and could hear the Ice expanding. Ya expanding that is not what should be going on this time of year. Our nights have been in the 20's when its a warm night! I saw 14 last week hi teens low 20's at night have  been the norm for the last two weeks.

Our ice groans every morning and evening. I live the sound but my wife thinks it’s kind of scary.

Update...I left this am with almost a full lake of ice. I returned to a lot of open water. I doubt the ice will make it through the weekend. 👍😀👏

• Like 3

Still a good amount of ice on Pewaukee Temps forecasted to drop again with 5-6" of snow currently forecasted for this weekend.

I'm sure you could get out in April but most don't due to the cold water Temps and rare days over 55.  I'm just hoping may is better than last year 

OH and that my new boat gets here by then!

I'm sure thick ice at speed would be a problem.  Idling through that (1" to slush) with me breaking it up left no marks.  Thats a Park's edition X-Star with a big wrap.  No changes to the wrap.  Thankfully, driving by that area at speed helped to open it up for our departure.

Usually by this time of of year the ice is very porous and sortof slushy.  Your bow roller breaks it ahead of you and not much of it actually hits the boat with any resistance.  Solid ice is different.  That can do some damage even if it's not that thick.

21 hours ago, onwi said:

Had to break a little ice to get out onto Nagawicka today.  Definitely worth it, it was awesome to get back on the water.

E9uXivn.jpg

did you actually go skiing on nag yesterday? Hmmmm..... maybe ill get the boat out of storage next week......

4 hours ago, mtnbkr738 said:

did you actually go skiing on nag yesterday? Hmmmm..... maybe ill get the boat out of storage next week......

North end of the lake, with a north to south wind, was wide open.  All the ice moves down wind.  We only had to drive through that ice on the way out.  Our wake opened up a path for the way back to the launch at the end of the day.