Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Steering Wheel

BG21

I have a 2011 Malibu Wakesetter and the middle plastic insert for the steering wheel is missing and I've been told I can't find that part anywhere and that I'd have to buy a new steering wheel for over $450 just for that insert.  Does anyone know where I can get one or have recommendations on what I should do?

Im considering a new wheel for my 2012 since im not really a fan of the single spoke.  Any idea where to go to get wheels with the correct splined hub?  Or do you just replace the wheel and not the hub?  I don't even know where to start.  IIRC, didn't @oldjeep replace his wheel?  Sorry, I cant help with the cover, unless maybe I find an aftermarket wheel to replace mine.  then you could have mine assuming its the same.

Yes, i replaced mine.  The hub is integrated into my wheel.  I bought the aftermarket version of the 2013 and up wheel which was set up for a keyed shaft.  That required me to swap my splined tilt unit for a keyed one.  You can get the splined version of the wheel from malibu. 

Lol  the 2012 steering wheel center is not a sticker. Fwiw, this now the 3rd thread he has created to ask the exact same question. 

See this one for a picture of what he is talking about  

Edited by oldjeep
10 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Lol  the 2012 steering wheel center is not a sticker. Fwiw, this now the 3rd thread he has created to ask the exact same question. 

See this one for a picture of what he is talking about  

Oh well I tried. My wheel has a sticker similar to my throttle. You could have a machine shop make a cap for it and then finish w/ a domed number sticker. 

How does this cap attach? The photo wasn't very good. Does that o ring retain it or are there fasteners?  I'm assuming this is a cosmetic part to cover the shaft and nut.  

I could make one in my shop if someone gave me some dimensions. 

7 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Yes, i replaced mine.  The hub is integrated into my wheel.  I bought the aftermarket version of the 2013 and up wheel which was set up for a keyed shaft.  That required me to swap my splined tilt unit for a keyed one.  You can get the splined version of the wheel from malibu. 

That's more than i want to deal with. Thanks for the reply.