Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DEPRESSING NEWS TODAY - Where's my boat?

MustGoFast

So I got a call from my dealer today and heard that my Late March/Early April build date somehow became Mid June....

He's not sure what happened with it as the other boats he put in from the boat show in January all got the expected dates... ALL OF THEM EXCEPT MINE.  So he's trying to work with BU now to adjust schedules, sounds like they are shifting me around at least "dealer stock" orders since this is "customer sold".. but I have no idea where it will end up..  Anyone ever heard of anything like this happening - I'm not sure what to expect. 

Honestly delivery in late May is probably fine here given my May work schedule and WI weather, but beyond that I'm going to be sad/pissed/depressed/all/other?

2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Unacceptable if you ordered in January.  Hopefully your dealer can make it right. 

You have to remember January is prime time boat show season. When I was placing my order in December, my dealer said some of their boat show orders won’t show up until early to mid summer and the show here is the last week of January thru first week of February. Still sucks regardless.

I had the opposite problem. Boat showed up way too early! 

ahopkins22LSV

That really blows man. Hopefully they work something out for you. I’ve heard that the new T22 is selling like crazy and it may be the case they have to move some things around but hopefully you don’t have to wait that long. 

6 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

You have to remember January is prime time boat show season. When I was placing my order in December, my dealer said some of their boat show orders won’t show up until early to mid summer and the show here is the last week of January thru first week of February. Still sucks regardless.

I had the opposite problem. Boat showed up way too early! 

I understand, but if I was told late March/early April and then in Mid-March was told it slipped to mid-June, that to me is unacceptable.  If it was like you said and dealer was always stating early to mid-summer, that would be different.  

So they actually gave you a build date then changed it or was it just from dealer on March/April date? I have yet to hear from dealer on our date and this does not make me feel good about it. Our seasons are short and we could of waited a year but went ahead and ordered. I'll tell my dealer to keep it if it comes in in mid to late June. 

10 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Unacceptable if you ordered in January.  Hopefully your dealer can make it right. 

Ordering in January has nothing to do with it.  I ordered my last boat in Oct with an April build slot.  Dealer gets a certain amount of slots and they use them however they want (customer sold or dealer stock).  I have heard of dealers swapping slots with other dealers or Malibu opening up additional slots but I've never heard of Malibu shifting a slot 3 months.  

I would be blaming the dealer as they obviously didn't have a slot in March/April or they gave the slot to someone else.  I bet is was the latter.  

6 hours ago, wedge88 said:

Ordering in January has nothing to do with it.  I ordered my last boat in Oct with an April build slot.  Dealer gets a certain amount of slots and they use them however they want (customer sold or dealer stock).  I have heard of dealers swapping slots with other dealers or Malibu opening up additional slots but I've never heard of Malibu shifting a slot 3 months.  

I would be blaming the dealer as they obviously didn't have a slot in March/April or they gave the slot to someone else.  I bet is was the latter.  

The unacceptable part is finding out in Mid March that the date had "slipped."  its been almost 2 months- the dealer didnt find out yesterday that this date had "slipped"

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jhartt3 said:

The unacceptable part is finding out in Mid March that the date had "slipped."  its been almost 2 months- the dealer didnt find out yesterday that this date had "slipped"

You’re right.  I have never heard of Malibu bumping a slot more than a few days so I would have a face to face with your dealer and get the “real” reason as I think you’re in this predicament because of your dealer.  (Unless there is a component that you ordered that is rare and not available.)

22 hours ago, MustGoFast said:

So I got a call from my dealer today and heard that my Late March/Early April build date somehow became Mid June....

He's not sure what happened with it as the other boats he put in from the boat show in January all got the expected dates... ALL OF THEM EXCEPT MINE.  So he's trying to work with BU now to adjust schedules, sounds like they are shifting me around at least "dealer stock" orders since this is "customer sold".. but I have no idea where it will end up..  Anyone ever heard of anything like this happening - I'm not sure what to expect. 

Honestly delivery in late May is probably fine here given my May work schedule and WI weather, but beyond that I'm going to be sad/pissed/depressed/all/other?

Could be worse. I had the wrong boat show up, then had to wait again for them to build the right one. They did rush it and I got it the day before I needed it.

20 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

This is why I always tell people to order in the Fall, before the boat show. You can still get a great deal and you actually get your boat at the beginning of the season.

Yeah took the boat show to finally close the sale with my wife though.  And had i pulled the trigger in the fall it was going to be a moomba! She was the one who got me switched to the 22..  

Man lots of feedback....  To answer the questions the march/April was from my dealer not BU they had slots and something went wrong whether it was in communication spot swaps or other I don't know.  BU did not switch my date though and I don't mean to imply that to anyone.

My rep is a good guy and one of the owners and seems to be working to fix it regardless of where it got screwed up.  So hopefully he'll come through.  I was mostly curious if anything like this had happened to others and how much you think he might have success in moving the days up at this point?  I'm holding out hope for memorial day worst case just don't know if that's even a reasonable expectation for me to have at this point.

I'm a little surprised this hasn't been figured out this week. Would think a high priority for dealer. Admire your patience brother your new Axis will take that Moomba to wake school when you get it. 

Still no resolution - now I'm getting pretty pissed.  Reaching out to a Malibu contact I have directly now as my dealer basically has told me he's "waiting to hear from his rep" but I've gotten no update in 2 weeks and confirmed the build date is still mid June as of this morning.

Part of me is just like "f***-it" I'll cancel my order get my boat back and try again next year somewhere else.

14 hours ago, MustGoFast said:

Still no resolution - now I'm getting pretty pissed.  Reaching out to a Malibu contact I have directly now as my dealer basically has told me he's "waiting to hear from his rep" but I've gotten no update in 2 weeks and confirmed the build date is still mid June as of this morning.

Part of me is just like "f***-it" I'll cancel my order get my boat back and try again next year somewhere else.

As was mentioned above..............If dealer wants to make it right put you in a demo until yours shows up.