Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Malibu 25LSV Trash Bag Size For Trash Can

jpwaverider

Yeah, lawn sized trash bag. If Malibu is reading this......STUPID DESIGN!!! What the hell were they thinking. I've resorted to no bag, then empty into a kitchen bag and then just wash it out after a trip. Everyone in the boat loved the nice little hatch setup, no trash anywhere in the boat, but they are unaware of the hassle it is to me. 

Edited by gorilla
16 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Are we seriously complaining about this right now...? :Doh: 

Hahhahaha....

The struggle is real.

i use a regular Costco /Kirkland trashbag and secure it only on one side of the can, if it gets close to full, (almost never) I’ll tie up the bag and slide it to the side an open another bag.

i agree not optional design, but not a serious issue by any means

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
37 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

It's still snowing... these will pop up until there isn't anymore of the white stuff covering the ground....

Were is it snowing? We have all open water! Time to go shove the Dnr dock in. 

I agree the design was not completely thought through, unless they think most people do not use bags. I hate using the lawn bags, because you can only fill them like a quarter of the way up and then the garbage can is full to you waste most of the bag.

• 2 years later...

Why the heck would malibu design a boat around a trash can? That said, it was a major selling point for me over Axis but I digress...

Here’s what you need. $15 for 90 days on the water: 

414C4A24-892D-45C5-B27A-8267373F9710.jpeg.1db35700d4d5112d8e88afcaa1a88963.jpeg

EB02DA22-10C5-4E68-A156-74ECDE298A6F.jpeg

33 gallon is the ticket 

Edited by Raleigh

I’ve been using the cardboard boxes from 12 or 18 packs. Good for shorter/ small gatherings as long as you squeeze the air out of the empties. 

I also had this problem, bout some kitchen bags and was like wtf they don't fit, ended up getting giant yard bags, way to big but I guess it works, 

ahopkins22LSV
31 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Seems like rash of lots of old threads getting revived lately.    Are we all that bored?

Just now, asnowman said:

Yes, we are.

Idk about you guys but I’ve spent the last two days staring at the trash can in our VTX with an improperly fitting trash bag wondering how I am going to continue happily boating and with life in general...

• Haha 2
33 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Idk about you guys but I’ve spent the last two days staring at the trash can in our VTX with an improperly fitting trash bag wondering how I am going to continue happily boating and with life in general...

Not me. Been too busy with a house project to even get he boats ready so far. MORE THAN A LITTLE FRUSTRATED!

1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

We quit trying and now dump the can after each outing straight to the can on our dock.  

This works unless we have kids on board . It’s too messy and gets nasty. I trailer so don’t have the water right by when cleaning. The bag is way better for us.

The 33 gallon bag is a perfect fit. Hopefully it works for someone else too! 

2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Seems like rash of lots of old threads getting revived lately.    Are we all that bored?

Guilty! I try and go back to answer questions I never was able to find when looking through old threads. That’s why I love this place. Share the knowledge! Hopefully when people search after me they see the solution.

:werule:

ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, hethj7 said:

We quit trying and now dump the can after each outing straight to the can on our dock.  

7 hours ago, asnowman said:

Not me. Been too busy with a house project to even get he boats ready so far. MORE THAN A LITTLE FRUSTRATED!

Lol, I was being sarcastic guys. 

Personally I like the shape. They found a way to use a space on the boat that is typically a void and it doesn’t impact storage at all either. At least on our VTX. I too have been going bagless and just dumping it out at home. 

• Like 2